The Graveyard - Products No Longer Supported > DIR-880L

Disable WPS

(1/2) > >>

ktriebol:
Is there a way to disable the WPS function? I don't see an option for that in the web interface. I may have enabled it while executing the wizard initially (I don't remember if I actually did or not), but now that I am up and running I would prefer to disable it.

FurryNutz:
I think you can, under Wireless or Advanced wireless. I don't remember of the top of my head.  ::)

The only thing I can find is set up information in the User Manual on pages 145 and 151. I didn't see any information on disabling WPS.  :-\

ktriebol:
Yeah, that's what I thought. No big deal, though. My router is in an unsecure area, but then again, I live miles away from anybody, so I'm not really worried about it. Disabling WPS would be a nice feature to have, though. I think it's available in DD-WRT and I might switch to that some day if it becomes available for the DIR-880L. I like the way you have better control over transmission power in DD-WRT too.

FurryNutz:
Ya, I'll ask about WPS, I presume since they have gone to a simpler UI on this model router, they may have left WPS in as something automatic now. It would be nice to have a bit more control over it.

D-Link I guess has kept with the 3 power settings and usually that works for most of the average home users. I'm glad thats still available on this model.  ::)

FurryNutz:
Ok so just in from D-Link, currently there is no UI for WPS. They said they review the situation and see if it could be added. No information on when or if it would be.  ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version