• April 19, 2024, 11:12:24 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Unit bricked?  (Read 2843 times)

jdj

• Level 1 Member
Unit bricked?
« on: May 21, 2009, 11:05:40 AM »

Hi,

I've had nothing but problems since I hooked this up last night. Basically it started when I tried to install Firmware 1.01. The upload to the DNS-321 failed, and it said something about "this is not a valid firmware." So I downloaded the zip file again, and extracted it with different software, and tried again, with the same result. Then the unit decided to freeze for a long time, and I had to power it off, remove the drives and power it on. Then with drives out, I tried uploading the new firmware again, and it got further along on the progress bar before failing, and now the thing won't respond at all. I get a "can't connect" error through my web browser.

Has anybody had this kind of thing happen? Am I going to have to RMA this thing and get another?

jdj

• Level 1 Member
Re: Unit bricked?
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2009, 01:49:50 PM »

Well, no response here. I returned it to buy.com for replacement.

D-Link Multimedia

• Poweruser
  • Level 7 Member
    • D-link Systems, Inc.
Re: Unit bricked?
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2009, 02:32:58 PM »

I apologize for the lack of responses. I hope your new replacement unit correctly saves the updated firmware image to flash. If you have issues with this new unit, please feel free to bump this thread and we will try to narrow down any further issues.