• March 19, 2024, 03:57:15 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Gateway Problem  (Read 4076 times)

tx67

Gateway Problem
« on: September 06, 2008, 09:54:36 AM »

Hi guys.

I have 2 desktop computers at home. One has xp bro 32 bit which is connected to my dir 655 via cable and other one has Vista Ultimate 64 bit which connects via wireless. They used to work like a blast until yesterday.

I dont have any connection at all. I do have my network but no connection. My computer that is connected to the router via cable does not see my router. I can not even open my router`s web page. I did trouble shooting with msn :D :D It said I have a problem with my default gateway. I know connect directly with my cable modem so I know I get the connection and the problem is the router.

I have never heard o***ateway problem before. You can go hardcore on answers and use all sorts of computer terms. Actually I did build one of my computer my self. So I know a little about computers but never heard of a problem like that before.

Thanks !

rlcronin

Re: Gateway Problem
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2008, 10:17:12 AM »

The "default gateway" is another term for your router. Sounds like it may be bricked. I presume you have tried powering it off and back on, and perhaps even done a factory reset? If so and it still isn't working, it's likely dead.

tx67

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2008, 10:33:31 AM »

Yea I did restart it couple of times and used the restart button also. How can it die even though we did not do anything ? :( :(

tx67

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2008, 10:43:51 AM »

Ok I am now connecting to internet from the router. I did the router setup again cuz it does configuration and stuff during the setup. It did help me and I am now connected. Thanks for the help ! :D