• March 29, 2024, 04:49:08 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Connecting PS3 to NAS for dummies  (Read 21158 times)

vwcruiser

• Level 1 Member
Connecting PS3 to NAS for dummies
« on: July 26, 2010, 04:49:36 PM »

Hi All,

I've had my DNS323 for over a year and its been the perfect compliment for all the devices and users within my home network.  I've also recently purchased a PS3, but it can't seem to find my NAS at all.  I can see my desktop computer and laptop but can't seem to see the NAS.  My UPnP is enabled and works flawlessly with my laptops, but can't seem to connect with my PS3 wirelessly.  I have firmware version 1.07 installed on the NAS.  Am I missing something?  I've googled and found alot of different issues, but none addressing my problem.  Any advice is appreciated

???

jazzishouse

• Level 1 Member
Re: Connecting PS3 to NAS for dummies
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2010, 02:42:50 AM »

I assume you want to play music, videos and view pictures stored on your NAS via your PS3? You need to enable the NAS's UPnP AV server, set the correct folder and save the settings.

The PS3 should then list the NAS in it's Photo, Music and Video sections of the XMB.

I have mine set up this way and it works great. The only oddity I have found (using FW 1.09) is that after adding new media I always have to refresh the AV server twice for the PS3 to be able to see the files.

hairymexican

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2010, 11:58:40 AM »

how about playing hd 1080p videos when i stream them from my dns-323 or java ps3 server they skip i have a dir-855 router and 2 dns-323 servers with upnp av on. 

LiquidFusion

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2010, 05:57:21 AM »

I've found that for 1080p you are going to have to go wired.  Wireless just won't cut it.  I tested mine out with my NAS/router about 20 feet away from the PS3 and using wireless got stuttering throughout playback.  Wired is the way to go for that level of content.

hairymexican

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2010, 09:23:17 PM »

Thanks Very Much.  i will try that when i get a long enough cord.  Thanks!  ;D

CCRider

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2010, 07:09:12 AM »

I have mine set up this way and it works great.

Mine is far from working great.

In my case, the PS3 isn't able to read id3 tags from mp3's stored on the DNS-323. I works perfectly when accessing files from a PC. I have no idea of what's wrong.
.cc