• March 28, 2024, 05:06:50 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: using DCS-942l on home wifi  (Read 14901 times)

Sublme

• Level 1 Member
using DCS-942l on home wifi
« on: January 10, 2012, 08:29:06 AM »

When I use the mydlink app on my iphone or ipad while on home wifi it still streams to dlink and then back to my house.  This is at least what dlink is telling me.  This is pretty stupid, the traffic should stay local.  I am using this as a baby monitor and streaming video for the 100's of hours a month will definitely put me over my ISP cap of 250GB.  Is there a way around this so traffic stays local, yes I can go just to the IP of camera and not use app, but then I get no sound.  Any 3rd party app out there with sound?  There should be an option to use mydlink service or just use the camera local with the dlink app.  I don't see the reason traffic needs to go out and then come back in.  The app should be able to tell the difference and use mydlink service when checking in remotely and when on home network keep traffic local.

JaCe

• Level 2 Member
Re: using DCS-942l on home wifi
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2012, 06:51:33 AM »

The other option is to just use it as a normal IP camera and connect to it using a third party app locally as opposed to relying on the cloud.
Proud owner of many mydlink cameras, SmartPlug and router!

RYAT3

• Level 10 Member
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2013, 08:59:24 PM »

When I use the mydlink app on my iphone or ipad while on home wifi it still streams to dlink and then back to my house.  This is at least what dlink is telling me.  This is pretty stupid, the traffic should stay local.  I am using this as a baby monitor and streaming video for the 100's of hours a month will definitely put me over my ISP cap of 250GB.  Is there a way around this so traffic stays local, yes I can go just to the IP of camera and not use app, but then I get no sound.  Any 3rd party app out there with sound?  There should be an option to use mydlink service or just use the camera local with the dlink app.  I don't see the reason traffic needs to go out and then come back in.  The app should be able to tell the difference and use mydlink service when checking in remotely and when on home network keep traffic local.

Is this for real?  ???

I might be in trouble watching on my Tablet...  :o

brighamcalvert

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2013, 01:45:56 AM »

Thanks for sharing information.

Harley10-95

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2013, 09:48:36 AM »

This is the reason, why I use IP Cam Viewer Pro on my iPhone and iPad. In this app I can switch between local and I-Net. Or something else.
1x DCS-5222L
1x DCS-2132L
2x DCS-942L
1x DCS-932L