• April 19, 2024, 06:03:57 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DIR 615 Questions  (Read 8199 times)

mcannon-gso

• Level 2 Member
DIR 615 Questions
« on: November 09, 2007, 10:32:37 AM »

I have just purchased a DIR-615 rev B router. The firmware was 2.20. After setting it up I used the Web Interface to find a new firmware which was 2.22. I upgraded the firmware succesfully and the setting were reset to default. According to the manual which I downloaded, this router in the firewall section should allow you to turn ALG's on and off. I do not see these options. Is the manual wrong or was the firmware  ???

Also, I replaced my old router with this one. I powered down my cable modem and setup the router. Started the cable modem > Waited several minutes > started the router. I was able to access the Internet. This morning I lost my Internet connection. Is this a known issue with this router? Or should I released and renewed the Dynamic IP from TWC ? Would they store the MAC of the OLD router ?

Thank you in advance for your time with these issues and questions..

--mcannon-gso
« Last Edit: November 09, 2007, 10:35:42 AM by mcannon-gso »

podunk

Re: DIR 615 Questions
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2007, 05:34:28 PM »

Howdy,

As I've just taken my DIR-615 back, I do remember an ALG section under Advanced --> Firewall settings --> Application Level Gateway (ALG) Configuration.

I've noticed that when I've changed devices that is connected to the cable modem that it is issued a new IP address.  Since in the last week I've had 3 different routers, I've had 3 different IP addresses.  (Thank goodness the DDNS features on the EBR-2310 actually works)

Did you have to reset the cable modem to get back online?

mcannon-gso

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2007, 05:12:06 AM »

No, I did not reset the cable modem. I did a reboot of the router. Then I did a release and renew.
The ALG section does not exist in firmware 2.22.

What firmware were you running when you had the DIR-615 ?

podunk

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2007, 08:52:02 AM »

It was HW rev A1, FIrmware 1.10.

mcannon-gso

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2007, 08:58:22 AM »

Well maybe that is the difference. Maybe the manual for the Rev B is incorrect..

I have seen this before with other models user manuals..

Thanks for your thoughts.....

Lycan

• Administrator
  • Level 15 Member
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2007, 09:37:06 AM »

The ALG's have been removed. As for the modem handing out a new IP, everytime the MAC address in the clone mac address section changes, the ISP will hand you a new ip address, and YES they do store your MAC address info.