The Graveyard - Products No Longer Supported > DCS-942L

My 942L doesn't send email

<< < (2/14) > >>

belvedere:

--- Quote from: mattteo on February 20, 2014, 12:15:02 AM ---So, as you have written, my configuration is:
Smtp server: my ISP smtp
Username: (blank)
Password: (blank)
Use SSL: none
--- End quote ---

Good!  A more detailed error message than "Send failed" for the test-email button sure would be helpful, wouldn't it?

mattteo:

--- Quote from: belvedere on February 20, 2014, 09:46:40 AM ---Good!  A more detailed error message than "Send failed" for the test-email button sure would be helpful, wouldn't it?

--- End quote ---

Sure, it would!

I'm going to add it to the wish list!

joogle:
I have the same problem. The DLINK does not send emails, this is a crucial feature I need that should be working.

I get the same error "Send a test mail failure" using my gmail settings.

Note: I have DCS-932L with the same mail settings that works great.

But the DCS-942L does not, I saved settings, rebooted, etc., but no additional information in the log.

Any suggestions on how to get this to work.

froad:
Having "spastic" problems similar in nature.  Went on vacation a few weeks ago - all worked fine from 4 camera's for a week.  I had them set up to take a snapshot once per day per camera and send to my email.  Then they all stopped (a few days apart) - now through mydlink I can only access 2 of them  Can send a "test snapshot" from the 2 I can access, and the test picture comes through fine.  One camera did send snapshots for 2 days again, and then stopped.  I have rebooted the router a couple times and ALL cameras have been set to reboot once per day - but nothing seems to fix the problem.  Will be home in a week or so and unplug them to reset and see if that helps.  Sure would like some help getting these cameras to works the way they advertise.  NOTE -  Dlink support advised me to unplug the camera to see if this would fix the problem, if not - do a factory re-set and set them up again... maybe a good plan, but I am several thousand miles from the camera's so that support is pretty useless.

Update - after returning home, checked my NAS and every camera recorded "events" as it should for the entire duration.  I suspect the issue was firmware V1.23. As a solution, I hard wired each camera to the router (one at a time) - did a reset (using the reset on the back of the camera) - did a complete re-install and reverted back to firmware 1.22 - actually went through this process twice with each camera to be sure - all 4 now working 100% for now -

JavaLawyer:
I was informed by D-Link that they are aware of this issue. I will post back if I have receive any updates.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version