• March 28, 2024, 05:38:56 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: mailing list for new firmware update?  (Read 5947 times)

EricF

mailing list for new firmware update?
« on: November 05, 2008, 08:04:24 AM »

In order to use my 1.5TB's I need the next firmware update, is there a way I can sign up for a mailing list for when its released?

Thanks again for continuing updates on this product.

ECF

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
Re: mailing list for new firmware update?
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2008, 03:19:08 PM »

I am very sorry but we do not have a mailing list for firmware releases. Please just keep posted on the forums or check the support site frequently. It should be here soon.
Never forget that only dead fish swim with the stream

iampedro

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2008, 06:01:17 AM »

This is what I have requested in the next firmware 1.7...

"Current Firmware Version: Tools - Firmware it would be great when you clicked on this that had the option to go out to the web and show you what the current firmware is and also just click download and you could download it without having to go to d-link website.  Also right below the firmware download have a link to release notes.  Please make sure that this page has error checking j/k people might not have there NAS connected to the internet just private network.  If that is the case then Have a message stating there can't retrieve current information please go to D-Link Support Page.  It would be nice to have a link to this particular forum also somewhere on the firmware tab."

MountainMan

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2008, 07:08:47 PM »

iampedro,

There is a a specific forum topic created by the D-Link moderators to capture feature requests for firmware version 1.07.  You should be posting your requests there.

Also, I don't think your feature request makes sense.  websites move around and redefine addresses.  The links go stale.  If I understand you correctly, your idea is that they should hardcode external webpage links into the firmware of a hardware product?  That would be foolish.  Those links are likely to be broken in a year or two causing people errors when they click them.  No hardware product should ever hardcode external web links.

Also, their firmware upgrade process was amazingly easy and is the standard way to do it.  Download the file onto your computer, connect your computer via hardwire to the NAS, and click a few buttons to perform the update.  It is amazingly simple and safe.  I'll bet even you can figure it out! :)

I'm mostly teasing you.  But seriously, read the current 1.07 feature request list.  People have requested many really solid feature enhancements that would greatly improve this NAS if D-Link were to implement them.  Let's not distract them with changes where they are already doing well.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2008, 07:20:41 PM by MountainMan »

Icey

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2008, 06:36:14 AM »

Could someone inform me about the eta of the 1.06 firmware release for the DNS 323? I purchased this device, and two 1TB WD hard drives, with the single purpose of watching movies on my XBOX 360.

According to the Dutch law I have the option to return this product within 7 days. The promise that the 1.06 firmware fixes the compatibility with my XBOX 360 isn’t enough; I would like to actually SEE my XBOX 360 running movies. I'm not willing to take the risk of paying money for something that is basically useless for it designated task.

Is there some sort of roadmap somewhere? Are we talking about days? Weeks? During my stays in Kenya I learned that ‘soon’ could also mean 3 months…

ECF

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2008, 02:44:15 PM »

I would go with weeks if not next week
Never forget that only dead fish swim with the stream

Pattmyn

« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2008, 12:06:30 AM »

I would go with weeks if not next week

That is music to my ears.  ;D

MountainMan

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2008, 12:24:57 AM »

I'm so excited.  Kinda funny that I feel so excited about a firmware upgrade for my NAS.  I must lead an unfulfilling life!