• April 26, 2024, 02:27:36 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Connecting DCS-930L to Patriot Gauntlet Node WiFi HD  (Read 3234 times)

californiak

• Level 1 Member
Connecting DCS-930L to Patriot Gauntlet Node WiFi HD
« on: February 09, 2014, 10:52:19 AM »

If this was addressed I apologize but I could not find any info...

I have 930L all setup to email motion detect alerts and to view on mydlink however I would like to be able to upload video stream directly to my WLAN wireless hard drive (Patriot Gauntlet Node, 500GB).

Does anyone has any experience with this setup? For security reasons I like to save video stream to wifi drive so in case of home burglary the files saved on the HD will be safe. Something similar to FTP upload but directed to WLAN IP address of the Gauntlet HD.

I am great with computers but this is confusing technology for me, and the WLAN HD like Gauntlet are new to me also....   I can connect to it from my computer with no problem via SSID but I like to know if I can connect the 930L to it directly.

Thanks,

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
Re: Connecting DCS-930L to Patriot Gauntlet Node WiFi HD
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2014, 02:42:22 PM »

The DCS-930L itself only has the capacity to save screenshots to an FTP location or send screenshots to an email address. The DCS-930L does not support sending/saving video streams to storage. I suppose a third party monitoring app can be used to capture the stream and save the contents to a storage device, but this will require a third party app and a PC running 24x7 to accomplish (e.g. the D-ViewCam application can save video streams from the DCS-930L to a HDD).
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

acellier

• Level 4 Member
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2014, 05:42:37 PM »

The DCS-931L can ftp h.264 video clips - which could be directed to a local storage

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2014, 04:35:18 AM »

The DCS-931L can ftp h.264 video clips - which could be directed to a local storage

Good point. The DCS-931L is the successor to the DCS-930L. This next generation model should have the functionality you're looking for.
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC