• April 23, 2024, 03:13:29 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DNS-323 and WDTV Live HD or Panasonic Plasma G20  (Read 3488 times)

Giammi_1963

• Level 1 Member
DNS-323 and WDTV Live HD or Panasonic Plasma G20
« on: July 14, 2010, 06:29:05 AM »

Hi to everybody, I'm going to buy the two device in the subject and I'd like to know if there are some incompatibility. More important de WD media player, a bit less the TV (I try with the same model of my neighborhood and even if I flag the UPnP I sow the NAS but I didn't saw the inside folder)
Thanks a lot for everybody

Giammi_1963

• Level 1 Member
Re: DNS-323 and WDTV Live HD or Panasonic Plasma G20
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2010, 12:10:47 AM »

English is one of my mayor weakness !!!!

I try to explain better: I bought a Tv set (Panasonic TXP50G20E) this TV has a DNLA support; I switch on the UPnP support on DNS-323, and the TV "saw" the NAS (I read MAC number, etc.).

When the TV is connected with the NAS, showed me 3 folders (Video, Photo, Music) but those 3 folders it doesn't exist on the NAS, infact if I try to open one, showed me a message like "Server not connected".

So, I try to create a folder with the same name of the folder showed by the TV, but nothig happens.

It's like the TV it doesn't able to read the folder present on the NAS.

Probably because the name of main folder is "Volume_1" and is not possible to create another main folder called "Video, Photo, etc.)

Thats way I decided to buy a WD TV HD Live, to play my file direct from the NAS

I hope now is more clear

Rodent

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2010, 01:02:37 AM »

I use a WDLive with my DNS323 but I don't use the UPnP server, I use plan shares to access my media, I created a folder called MEDIA and shared it, under MEDIA I created MOVIES, TV, PHOTOS and MUSIC.

It works great...

R.

Cliff

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2010, 09:09:19 AM »

I have the WDTV Live with the DNS-323. In my experience, subtitles aren't reliable when using the 323 as a media server. Accessing the movies as a network share does show subtitles.

Downside of using network shares rather than a media server is you see ALL the files in a folder, which could be quite a few in the case of VIDEO_TS dvd files. Then you have to know which file to start to watch the movie.

Giammi_1963

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2010, 02:59:43 AM »

Cliff, in this case is better to use .ISO or .MTS just to have a single file; I think the WD should read those kind of file.