• April 23, 2024, 02:05:17 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DCS-942L/ISpy/Personal Website Question  (Read 4856 times)

josebuenrostro

• Level 1 Member
DCS-942L/ISpy/Personal Website Question
« on: June 19, 2013, 03:45:28 PM »

Hi All,

First of all, I wanted to let everyone know that I think I might throw in the towel trying to get live stream video of my 942L to a website I created using google sites.

Background:  I am a Project Engineer for a Construction company.  I am working on site, managing the day to day construction process.  In the efforts of providing a safer, more secure working environment, I have installed a camera on site.  This has worked fine and I can access the camera using mydlink lite app on my Ipad and Iphone but trying to share this feed with others via a website has been a little bit of a nightmare.

Camera Setup:  Here is what I have done: I am connected to the camera via ethernet (wifi is out of the question because jobsite trailer is far from camera; about 200 ft) and I can access the feed by going to MyDlink.com.  Also, I have been using ISpyconnect to share this feed as it has a gadget that google sites allows us to use.

Problem:  Here is the problem.  When I disconnect my laptop and go home, the connection is lost and I can no longer see the feed on the website.  I can still access the feed on my phone and at MyDlink.com.  What am I doing wrong? 

Proposed Solution:  A while back, I had our IT support come out to see if they could help me out with this and they mentioned that my laptop was acting as a server.  For this reason, I purchased a second laptop intended solely to act as the server.  I uninstalled Ispy from my first laptop, installed it in my new laptop and I still have the same issue.  This might be an issue with ISpy but I figured someone might be able to help me on this site as the support on Ispy is pretty spotty.

Anyways, any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated!

RYAT3

• Level 10 Member
Re: DCS-942L/ISpy/Personal Website Question
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2013, 05:09:52 PM »

You should probably be using a dcs-2230 instead (sorry, no mydlink.com or mydlink app) for some clear images.

Anyways - you have connected the camera to the laptop? Why not to a router?

You might try something here:

http://forums.dlink.com/index.php?topic=37017.msg119848#msg119848

There's another post by JavaLawyer some where.

You could also possibly access the camera directly in the browser

It might look something like this:

http://192.168.1.66/video/mjpg.cgi?profileid=1

You can get the links from right clicking in the firmware, and "copy link" on links that bring up the video, etc.

If you upgrade, don't even bother with the DCS-2132L.

Hi All,

First of all, I wanted to let everyone know that I think I might throw in the towel trying to get live stream video of my 942L to a website I created using google sites.

Background:  I am a Project Engineer for a Construction company.  I am working on site, managing the day to day construction process.  In the efforts of providing a safer, more secure working environment, I have installed a camera on site.  This has worked fine and I can access the camera using mydlink lite app on my Ipad and Iphone but trying to share this feed with others via a website has been a little bit of a nightmare.

Camera Setup:  Here is what I have done: I am connected to the camera via ethernet (wifi is out of the question because jobsite trailer is far from camera; about 200 ft) and I can access the feed by going to MyDlink.com.  Also, I have been using ISpyconnect to share this feed as it has a gadget that google sites allows us to use.

Problem:  Here is the problem.  When I disconnect my laptop and go home, the connection is lost and I can no longer see the feed on the website.  I can still access the feed on my phone and at MyDlink.com.  What am I doing wrong? 

Proposed Solution:  A while back, I had our IT support come out to see if they could help me out with this and they mentioned that my laptop was acting as a server.  For this reason, I purchased a second laptop intended solely to act as the server.  I uninstalled Ispy from my first laptop, installed it in my new laptop and I still have the same issue.  This might be an issue with ISpy but I figured someone might be able to help me on this site as the support on Ispy is pretty spotty.

Anyways, any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated!

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
Re: DCS-942L/ISpy/Personal Website Question
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2013, 06:31:23 PM »

There are two procedures for inserting live streams into a personal website that I posted in four Network Camera FAQ board here: Network Camera FAQ.
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC