• April 24, 2024, 11:59:53 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: [Solved] Clock is no keeping time up-to-date.  (Read 13622 times)

Betatester

• Level 1 Member
[Solved] Clock is no keeping time up-to-date.
« on: December 16, 2013, 07:28:49 AM »

The internal Clock for my DNS 325 is not keeping the time, when I turn it off for 5 or 10 minutes or for days the clock go back for the time it was turn off. the only way to update the time is by the setting page. I think the battery is dead and need to be replaced. I didn't have this problem before and I have this DNS for years and had been working without issues. Any one know how to replace the battery?, I didn't found any information about it. System DNS Time is not updating.

Thanks
« Last Edit: February 04, 2014, 09:09:44 AM by Betatester »

Betatester

• Level 1 Member
Re: [Solved] Clock is no keeping time up-to-date.
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2014, 09:10:18 AM »

Solved: I found the battery on the board and changed for a new one, problem fixed.

alan_uk

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2014, 07:51:35 AM »

Hi Betatester

I have the same problem in my DNS-320 which looks similar to your DNS-325. The battery is a long way down in the unit. Did you manage to change it without extracting the printed circuit board?

regards,
Alan

Betatester

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2014, 03:03:16 PM »

The battery has a lock system and the only way to change the battery is taking the circuit board out.

1- Turn off and Unplug all the cables.
2- Take hard drives out.
3- Take the 4 screws out located on the back and then the screws that hold the board to the aluminum case, now the board should slide from the aluminum case.
4. Replace battery.

The DNS 325 use a Duracell D303\/357 1.5-Volt Silver Oxide Battery.  
« Last Edit: March 26, 2014, 03:06:17 PM by Betatester »

JavaLawyer

• Poweruser
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2014, 05:01:19 AM »

The battery has a lock system and the only way to change the battery is taking the circuit board out.

1- Turn off and Unplug all the cables.
2- Take hard drives out.
3- Take the 4 screws out located on the back and then the screws that hold the board to the aluminum case, now the board should slide from the aluminum case.
4. Replace battery.

The DNS 325 use a Duracell D303\/357 1.5-Volt Silver Oxide Battery.  

Thank you for providing a stepwise procedure.  ;)
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

alan_uk

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2014, 06:17:06 AM »

Hi Betatester

Many thanks for a prompt and informative reply :)

The battery on the DNS-320 is an LR44 and I've ordered a lithium and silver oxide replacement.

Alan

JavaLawyer

• Poweruser
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic

alan_uk

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2014, 08:28:41 AM »

Here's the instructions for the DNS-320. Instructions followed at your own risk. You are advised to wear an anti-static earthed wrist band and avoid wearing clothes that are likely to generate static electricity.

Note: It may be possible to replace the battery after step 3 by then continuing at step 10.

1. Backup the data on the HD and/or ensure you can restore it. Log-on to the ShareCenter and save your configuration settings to your PC just in case (see System Management / System Settings).

2. Remove the lid.

3. Remove the HD by lifting vertically.

4. Remove the 2 black screws at the top back.

5. Turn the unit over and with a wide flat screwdriver remove the 4 feet pads.

6. Remove the 4 small silver coloured exposed screws.

7. Pull the innards forward about 10mm and then lift the whole innards up vertically.

8. Remove the 4 screws at the sides holding the front panel onto the metal frame.

9. At this point I realised that in order to remove the printed circuit board I had to remove the 4 nuts positioned in each corner. I therefore decided to try to remove the battery in-situ.

10. Using a small long screwdriver pull the spring clip holding the battery out until it cleared the top of the battery and then levered the battery up so the clip was pressing against the side of the battery. It may be easier to continuing levering the battery up, by using one of the holes in the side of the metal chassis. Hold the unit almost upside down so that the battery falls out rather than falling onto the printed circuit board.

11. Use an envelop opener and some sticky putty (trade name BluTack) to hold the new battery to the envelop opener.

12. Lower the battery into the unit and catch the edge of the battery under the 2 protruding black plastic lugs that secure the battery in its holder. The battery is now at an angle with the clip underneath the opposite side.

13. Hold the envelop opener in the other hand and the in your main hand use the screwdriver to prise the spring clip out until it is against the side of the battery. With the screwdriver push the battery down until the spring clip goes over the top.

Step 12 and 13 are the trickiest steps and may take some attempts.

14. Reassemble in reverse order. Note that there are L shaped lugs on the side of the chassis that go into the V shape recesses in the plastic walls near to the front of the unit.

Photos

Step 7

Step 10

Step 11

Step 14 Note: Innards are outside the unit. Right-hand lug and left-hand V groove.

« Last Edit: March 29, 2014, 08:32:40 AM by alan_uk »

JavaLawyer

• Poweruser
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2014, 08:45:18 AM »

Here's the instructions for the DNS-320. Instructions followed at your own risk. You are advised to wear an anti-static earthed wrist band and avoid wearing clothes that are likely to generate static electricity.

Note: It may be possible to replace the battery after step 3 by then continuing at step 10.

1. Backup the data on the HD and/or ensure you can restore it. Log-on to the ShareCenter and save your configuration settings to your PC just in case (see System Management / System Settings).

2. Remove the lid.

3. Remove the HD by lifting vertically.

4. Remove the 2 black screws at the top back.

5. Turn the unit over and with a wide flat screwdriver remove the 4 feet pads.

6. Remove the 4 small silver coloured exposed screws.

7. Pull the innards forward about 10mm and then lift the whole innards up vertically.

8. Remove the 4 screws at the sides holding the front panel onto the metal frame.

9. At this point I realised that in order to remove the printed circuit board I had to remove the 4 nuts positioned in each corner. I therefore decided to try to remove the battery in-situ.

10. Using a small long screwdriver pull the spring clip holding the battery out until it cleared the top of the battery and then levered the battery up so the clip was pressing against the side of the battery. It may be easier to continuing levering the battery up, by using one of the holes in the side of the metal chassis. Hold the unit almost upside down so that the battery falls out rather than falling onto the printed circuit board.

11. Use an envelop opener and some sticky putty (trade name BluTack) to hold the new battery to the envelop opener.

12. Lower the battery into the unit and catch the edge of the battery under the 2 protruding black plastic lugs that secure the battery in its holder. The battery is now at an angle with the clip underneath the opposite side.

13. Hold the envelop opener in the other hand and the in your main hand use the screwdriver to prise the spring clip out until it is against the side of the battery. With the screwdriver push the battery down until the spring clip goes over the top.

Step 12 and 13 are the trickiest steps and may take some attempts.

14. Reassemble in reverse order. Note that there are L shaped lugs on the side of the chassis that go into the V shape recesses in the plastic walls near to the front of the unit.

. . .

Thank you for posting the detailed instructions.
Would you mind if I replicated these steps in a DNS-320 FAQ?

alan_uk

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2014, 01:00:44 PM »

No problem but I suggest this post is replaced by a link. Can you do that?