• April 19, 2024, 03:14:18 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Live View Server Setting help please  (Read 15299 times)

markmk

• Level 1 Member
Live View Server Setting help please
« on: July 05, 2013, 01:25:06 AM »

I really need some help with this.  I have managed to get my camera to show up in D-View cam's main console by imputing the camera's ip address and other details.  But what info do you put in to the server bit on the Live View Setting?  It keeps coming up "server .......(192.......) is unreachable".

server name:  what is this?  I'm with virgin media for my internet
address:  what ip address do you put in here?  Is it the ip for the isp or the camera?
port:  the default is 5150, but can  it be something else?
username:  what username?  Username for my router, ISP or camera?
password:  password for router, ISP or camera?

I am totally lost with this and have tried every combination I can think of.  D View Cam seems to be the hardest piece of software to set up, as it doesn't explain things properly.  I have tried looking through the manual, but found no examples of what to enter in to this.  Please can someone help me.  I do not fancy phoning them for help, as I have heard that they are as much use as a chocolate teapot!  :D.  Thanks for any help that you can give.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
Re: Live View Server Setting help please
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2013, 07:21:19 AM »

Can another member with experience configuring D-ViewCam, please chime in and provide some guidance on configuring the application?

Thanks  ;)

I really need some help with this.  I have managed to get my camera to show up in D-View cam's main console by imputing the camera's ip address and other details.  But what info do you put in to the server bit on the Live View Setting?  It keeps coming up "server .......(192.......) is unreachable".

server name:  what is this?  I'm with virgin media for my internet
address:  what ip address do you put in here?  Is it the ip for the isp or the camera?
port:  the default is 5150, but can  it be something else?
username:  what username?  Username for my router, ISP or camera?
password:  password for router, ISP or camera?

I am totally lost with this and have tried every combination I can think of.  D View Cam seems to be the hardest piece of software to set up, as it doesn't explain things properly.  I have tried looking through the manual, but found no examples of what to enter in to this.  Please can someone help me.  I do not fancy phoning them for help, as I have heard that they are as much use as a chocolate teapot!  :D.  Thanks for any help that you can give.
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

bertrandep

• Level 1 Member
Re: Live View Server Setting help please
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2013, 01:34:23 PM »

Hi there,

I just called business support and you won't be able (officially) to use the Iphone D-viewcam app to connect to your D-viewcam computer.

You have to connect directly to your camera's by following the user's guide and not using the dview cam which is intended to work with dlink NVR (network videos recorders).
you have to use third-parties app to connect to each camera (I haven't tried them up to now).

it *should* be working (connecting to dviewcam computer) but since they use old versions of mainconsole.exe (3.5 when NUUO is using 4.1), it's not.

to mod : I've used NUUO trial version (4.1.0) of their mainconsole.exe and it's working perfectly.
any chance to have a new version of d-viewcam so I don't send back my customer's dlink 10 cameras, 2 POE switches and buy NUUO hardware as a replacement ?

cheers,
Bertrand