• March 28, 2024, 03:58:12 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Using snapshots as website webcam picture  (Read 14172 times)

spitzlbergerj

Using snapshots as website webcam picture
« on: May 17, 2013, 12:35:20 PM »

Hi all,

I am a newbie in using webcams. I just got my dcs 2230.

I already have configured the cam to copy a picture / snapshot every 15 minutes to my webserver via ftp. That works  fine.

The problem is that each new picture gets a unique name with a lot of numbers at the end. Therefore  I could not access this picture within html with one filename.

Is it possible that the cam copies the snapshots always with the same filename?
Or how should I use the pictures with html to show always the last taken picture?

Thanks in advance
Josef

RYAT3

• Level 10 Member
Re: Using snapshots as website webcam picture
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2013, 07:08:57 PM »

This is a top 5 complaint if you would have read around the forum before complaining.

Hi all,

I already have configured the cam to copy a picture / snapshot every 15 minutes to my webserver via ftp. That works  fine.

The problem is that each new picture gets a unique name with a lot of numbers at the end. Therefore  I could not access this picture within html with one filename.

Or how should I use the pictures with html to show always the last taken picture?

Thanks in advance
Josef

RYAT3

• Level 10 Member
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2013, 02:34:41 PM »

Hi all,

Thanks in advance
Josef

http://forums.dlink.com/index.php?topic=54091.msg206518

http://forums.dlink.com/index.php?topic=52617.0

ideafrog

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2013, 10:51:16 AM »

Agreed - THIS IS A MUST FIX!

We have used the 920's for some time, and relied on the overwrite function to correctly display the image on our website. 

Please advise when this will be fixed on the DCS-2230 (our new HIGH DOLLAR webcam that we are considering returning due to this feature not being available!)

RYAT3

• Level 10 Member
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2013, 08:42:03 PM »

Agreed - THIS IS A MUST FIX!

We have used the 920's for some time, and relied on the overwrite function to correctly display the image on our website. 

Please advise when this will be fixed on the DCS-2230 (our new HIGH DOLLAR webcam that we are considering returning due to this feature not being available!)

So set up a computer, to take a snapshot and upload it ... many software's are available.

gadpsu92

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2013, 03:19:58 PM »

Which software (shareware) have you used as a workaround to this? I've tried several but not gotten a successful outcome yet. 

RYAT3

• Level 10 Member
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2013, 04:01:21 PM »

Which software (shareware) have you used as a workaround to this? I've tried several but not gotten a successful outcome yet. 

In Java, there's a way to take a screen shot and save the file as an image. Easily google'd.

Originally, I was using an FTP package to upload to Yahoo.  But they have since forced SFTP transfer.

Now I simply perform a HOST command in Java to run a command line string with another package that is free that I downloaded. That's called cURL.

I set a timer for 1 minute in Java, and every minute it kicks on an image screenshot with coordinates I put in and then performs the upload.