• March 28, 2024, 09:35:36 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: DCS-5020L - Video Stream Lost Error  (Read 19708 times)

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
Re: DCS-5020L - Video Stream Lost Error
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2015, 03:11:34 PM »

I have four 5010L cameras that I just updated today via wired, and two will not connect via mydlink LITE on the iPhone. When I remounted them (via wireless) they did stream for a few seconds, then all show the error others have stated.  It should be noted that all four were working very reliably with FW 1.03. Unfortunately, they didn't work with the PC due to Java 8.  I also just noticed they don't appear on mydlink (online), nor show up on my DNR-202L recorder. They do work OK via connecting through a browser via IP address.

You can roll back to an earlier FW version that worked for you.
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

Fyrewerx

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2015, 11:40:47 AM »

Guess what popped up this morning??  .... Firmware version 1.06.b1.   Why do I have the feeling FW version 1.05.b8 was hosed to begin with?
All cameras working, in all apps and on recorder.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2015, 11:43:07 AM »

Guess what popped up this morning??  .... Firmware version 1.06.b1.   Why do I have the feeling FW version 1.05.b8 was hosed to begin with?
All cameras working, in all apps and on recorder.

DCS-5020L - Firmware v1.06b01 Comments & Observations

Rimshot

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2015, 03:05:05 PM »

Lesson learned - be wary of firmware upgrades.  I have a 5020L, which had been working very well under a 2014 firmware release, 1.03?.  Recently upgraded wirelessly to 1.06.  Worked well until power went out.  5020L never came  back online (wireless setup, working fine before power outage).   When debugging, connected 5020L wired thru ethernet, all worked well.   Unplugged wired ethernet, wireless connection worked fine.   Unplugged 5020L to place in another room.  Encountered Video stream lost popup when checking live stream via iPad 4 and iPhone 6 apps.  Here's where it get's interesting.  I turned wireless off on iPad 4 and iPhone 6 and used Verizon wireless data connection.  Both devices were ale to show live video streams on 5020L.  Switched the iPad 4 back to LTE and received Video Stream Lost Error popup.   LESSON:  I don't have time to help debug these firmware releases, so will stay with what works and monitor the forums for issues on latest firmware much like I monitor latest IOS or OSX releases.

Tim

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2015, 04:57:05 AM »

Lesson learned - be wary of firmware upgrades.  I have a 5020L, which had been working very well under a 2014 firmware release, 1.03?.

The general rule of thumb is not to upgrade firmware unless the new build contains a feature your must have, corrects a security issue, or implements an essential bug fix. If it's not broken, don't fix it.

Rimshot

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2015, 07:05:46 AM »

Yep, totally agree on the recommended approach to firmware upgrades.   I didn't follow that approach here.   However I have an update based on reading more forum entries about the Video stream lost popup.    Scenario is the following.   My 5020L is next to me, running 1.06.   When connecting from iPhone 6 or iPad  4 via my local wifi, and choosing remote devices, I get the popup.   When choosing local cameras I get the live video stream.   When connecting outside of my local wifi with remote devices, I get the live video feed.   Before the latest firmware releases, I've always defaulted to remote devices, whether the camera was local or remote and never got the popup.  I guess this is working as designed ? 

Tim

nfd0800

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2015, 05:41:23 PM »

I upgraded to 1.05.08 and had similar issue to what I read here (lost video stream, 0.07_1_5_5_3EC error.  Reinstalled the previous firmware version and problem disappeared.
Pages: 1 [2]