• March 29, 2024, 08:23:24 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DCS-9XX - Motion Detection Settings  (Read 28747 times)

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
DCS-9XX - Motion Detection Settings
« on: April 23, 2012, 12:16:37 PM »

This procedure describes how to configure motion detection on DCS-9XX series IP cameras.

Procedure

• Navigate to SETUP > Motion Detection
  • Set Motion Detection to Enable
  • Sensitivity settings
    • Selecting a high sensitivity (e.g. 90%) will make the DCS-9XX more sensitive to motion. The higher the percentage, the more easily the DCS-9XX will detect subtle movements
    • Selecting a low sensitivity (e.g. 5%) will make the DCS-9XX less sensitive to motion. Entering a low percentage will cause the DCS-9XXL to only detect very drastic movements
  • Detection Areas setting
    • The DCS-9XX will only detect motion in areas containing a blue grid
    • The DCS-9XX will ignore motion in areas not containing a blue grid

If your DCS-9XX is either too sensitive to motion or not detecting any motion, start testing Sensitivity values starting on the extreme end of the scale (i.e. 99% or 1%) and work your way inward (i.e. lower or higher) until the desired motion detection results are achieved.

Many DCS-930L/932L users reported motion Sensitivity values in the range of 5% to 10% to be adequate for their motion detection purposes. The optimal value for your DCS-930L/932L will depend, in part, on the ambient lighting and degree of background motion (e.g. tree leaves rustling) in the camera field of view.

Additional References:

« Last Edit: December 19, 2014, 04:58:03 AM by JavaLawyer »
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC