• April 16, 2024, 09:55:50 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: can I use an Alltel wireless internet card with my D-Link router???  (Read 8913 times)

DJMichaelAngelo

• Level 1 Member

This seems like such a simple question, but it's frustrated me for most of the day.  I have 2 computers, and only 1 wireless internet/data card that I bought from Alltel.  I believe its model # is Pantech PX-500.  What I'm trying to do is allow BOTH my computers to be internet-powered by the SAME wireless card, using my D-Link router as a "go between".  In theory this should be possible right?  Just do a "bridge connection" in the Network Connections box of my internet computer, run an ethernet cable out from the back of that computer INTO the router, then another ethernet cable to my secondary computer right?  I've been trying various setups using this theory, and all have failed miserably.  I know Cyfre routers for instance have a big long list on their website of every single compatible data card by brand and model number that's supposed to work with their routers - does the D-Link EBR-2310 have such a list?  I'm really not wanting to have to buy a brand new router, as I can barely afford my Alltel wireless internet bill as it is!  Can somebody please help?

drscott

• Level 1 Member
Re: can I use an Alltel wireless internet card with my D-Link router???
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2010, 12:19:24 AM »

Hi

I believe this it is possible for them to have 2 computers to be able to get online. But there are things to be considered. The speed of internet connection and if your ICS is enable properly as well.

In case you want to verify some articles about it see http://www.supportrix.com/knowledgebase/.

Thanks

Dr. Scott.

« Last Edit: April 02, 2015, 10:17:21 AM by Kakashi::. »

jjclark10

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2010, 02:22:36 PM »

The speed of internet connection and if your ICS is enable properly as well.

Exactly. It is possible but you need to consider these things. Otherwise, you might not be able to make use good connection.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2010, 02:24:56 PM by jjclark10 »
Get the best deal on cable internet and enjoy a one of a kind internet experience.

timOfish

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2011, 10:08:03 AM »

I guess, the only problem that you will have to encounter is with how fast or slow your connection is. It is possible but make sure that you have a faster net connection.
Get the best deal on cable internet and enjoy a one of a kind internet experience.