• April 16, 2024, 08:32:00 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Cable Broadband Auto Login  (Read 28327 times)

ketul

• Level 1 Member
Cable Broadband Auto Login
« on: October 07, 2011, 05:43:45 AM »

Hello Experts,

I have taken a Cable Broadband connection today. What I understood is that you need to enter user id and password on web based client everytime you want to use it.

Now, I'm using DIR-655 D-Link Wireless Router. Is it possible to default this username and password in the router configuration setup. It uses this link everytime asking us to enter user name and password, 'http://10.10.0.1/24online/servlet/CyberoamHTTPClient'. I have my laptop, smart phones and blu ray player connected to my wi-fi router. Everytime entering username and password is irritating.

Can any one help me in knowing the setup, which I can do in my wi-fi router setup. Under the manual setup, I found 'Static IP', 'PPPoE', 'PPTP' and 'L2TP' type connections, presently I'm using static IP but, it does not allow me to save user id and password. How do I achieve this?

Regards,

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • Router Troubleshooting
Re: Cable Broadband Auto Login
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2011, 08:03:07 AM »

All you need to do is to ensure that the cable modem is connected to the router and make sure the router is set up Dymanic IP under Setup/Internet/Manual/Internet Connection Type

Cable Internet systems don't require a log in or account information like DSL does.
Are you sure you have cable internet or DSL?

Some tips for your router settings:
What ISP Modem do you have? Stand Alone or built in router?
What ISP Modem make and model do you have?
If this modem has a built in router, it's best to bridge the modem. Having 2 routers on the same line can cause connection problems.

The log in PW for the Admin on the router can be anything however this is for the routers web page itself.
Ensure DNS IP addresses are being filled in under Setup/Internet/Manual? You can find these under Status/Device Info/Wan section.
Turn off ALL QoS (DIR only) GameFuel (DGL only and if ON.) options.
Turn off Advanced DNS Services if you have this option under Setup/Internet/Manual.
Turn on DNS Relay under Setup/Networking.
Setup DHCP reserved IP addresses for all devices on the router.
Ensure devices are set to auto obtain an IP address.
Set Firewall settings to Endpoint Independent for TCP and UDP.

What wireless modes are you using?
Try single mode G or mixed G and N?
What security mode are you using? WEP, WPA or WPA2? Preferred is WPA-Personal. WPA2/Auto TPIK and AES.
Cable: 1Gb/50Mb>NetGear CM1200>DIR-882>HP 24pt Gb Switch. COVR-1202/2202/3902,DIR-2660/80,3xDGL-4500s,DIR-LX1870,857,835,827,815,890L,880L,868L,836L,810L,685,657,3x655s,645,628,601,DNR-202L,DNS-345,DCS-933L,936L,960L and 8000LH.

Hard Harry

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2011, 12:07:48 PM »

All you need to do is to ensure that the cable modem is connected to the router and make sure the router is set up Dymanic IP under Setup/Internet/Manual/Internet Connection Type

I suspect he is in India, so he may need to log in. What ISP?

Also I found this

Cyberoam helps to control user access to different IT resources. User is required to log on to Cyberoam Server via Cyberoam Client and authenticated before giving access to any of the resources managed by Cyberoam.

and

It is also possible to have a Clientless connection whereby User computer does not require the installation of Cyberoam Client component and User can bypass the Client login to access resources. Refer to Cyberoam User Guide for more details.

Sammydad1

• Level 5 Member
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2011, 10:01:47 AM »

All the cable connections I have evr used here in the USA...granted not so many different companies, have an always-on connection,....  connect the modem to the cable wire and electricity and its online (assuming it has been provisioned properly by the cable company)...

SD1
DIR-655 A2, FW: 1.35NA

Hard Harry

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2011, 11:51:25 AM »

Yea, I agree. In the US, that is the norm. There isn't any reason why PPPoE can't be used over DOCSIS though. At-least no technical reasons, not to say there aren't practicle reasons. I think he is in some living community though, or at work. That software he talked about isn't free.

ketul

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2011, 11:51:44 PM »

What Harry understood is correct, I'm from India and this connection is asking for logging every time I connect. I have also been assigned static IP. Now all I want to know is that, in DIR-655 configuration, is it possible to save the login credentials. I have maintained the static IP details, but I don't get the option of saving this.

My ISP is not aware of doing this. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Hard Harry

« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2011, 05:30:43 AM »

"is it possible to save the login credentials."

Yes. The question is, in what way? What I suspect, and what my research has been able to pull up, is Cyberroam is similar to what alot of hotels uses to get online. You connect to the network, pull up a webpage (usually from a DNS redirect of your homepage) and enter in your info. The systems takes that info and assigned it to the Mac address of the device you registered with. If that is the case, then no, you really get the router to work in anyway way long term. You could register via your computer, then clone the MAC address of  the computer to the router. But that would have to be done everything registration cycle. Once you bring up that page, and enter you info in to get online, how long do you have until you have to enter you info again? 24hr? A week? Etc?

ketul

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2011, 10:26:28 AM »

I start my pc, I have to enter this information till I'm online. I shut down or restart, I have to put these details again to access.

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • Router Troubleshooting
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2011, 10:28:11 AM »

Where do you enter this information? Where in Windows?
Cable: 1Gb/50Mb>NetGear CM1200>DIR-882>HP 24pt Gb Switch. COVR-1202/2202/3902,DIR-2660/80,3xDGL-4500s,DIR-LX1870,857,835,827,815,890L,880L,868L,836L,810L,685,657,3x655s,645,628,601,DNR-202L,DNS-345,DCS-933L,936L,960L and 8000LH.

ketul

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2011, 04:16:48 AM »

When you start pc and try to open any webpage, the login window pops up, enter your details and log in. After logging in, this window has to be kept open. Post this, you can open another window and start your browsing.

davevt31

• Level 9 Member
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2011, 07:18:18 AM »

If it is browser based login, I don't see any way that the router could pass along the information.  I think you are stuck manually entering the info.

Sammydad1

• Level 5 Member
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2011, 10:25:36 AM »

Maybe the isp can set up a cookie for you
to store the login info
DIR-655 A2, FW: 1.35NA

Hard Harry

« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2011, 04:59:29 PM »

Maybe the isp can set up a cookie for you
to store the login info

Yea, thats what I was thinking. I doubt it thought. The whole point of setting up a network like they have is to have better control over what device, and what traffic, is on your network. I would not be surprised if they didn't allow wireless devices on.