• April 16, 2024, 12:53:20 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: missing SSID on site survey  (Read 2861 times)

bertrandep

• Level 1 Member
missing SSID on site survey
« on: April 09, 2013, 07:17:15 AM »

Hi all,

I've been trying to connect two DCS-942L to some netgear WNHD3004 (wireless access points a/n WPA2 personal) that I use as access point but I can't find them in the site survey (advanced settings then wireless setup in the camera page).

I think I could set manually the network name, security mode and key but since I'm working remotly on these camera, I'm pretty sure it won't work and I'll loose connection (actually they are connected to other access points and work ok).
An ipad and macbook pro is able to see and connect to these access points so I don't think they are the problem.
I've updated the camera to the latest firmware (1.12 build 1608 agent version : 2.0.15-b11)

Anyone's got an idea about this site survey missing some SSID's ?

BTW, concerning the setup wizard that you can download from the website, I lost almost 2 hours before understanding that It can be run ONLY from a CD or USB key. Can't get it to work (activex registration specially) on the local hard drive...

cheers,
Bertrand

bertrandep

• Level 1 Member
Re: missing SSID on site survey
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2013, 09:16:04 AM »

Sorry for being that late to reply..

My SSIDs are not hidden.

I think I got the answer.
The access points I'm using are Wireless N on the 5Ghz band only. I guess these 942L don't support this band and are resticted on the 2.4Ghz.

I Will do some other tests wiht different AP and will let you know.

Best
bertrandep