• March 28, 2024, 01:37:00 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Cannot connect to camera  (Read 42338 times)

joustr

• Level 1 Member
Cannot connect to camera
« on: June 18, 2016, 08:25:20 PM »

I recently returned a DCS-2630L to D-Link on an RMA and received a new camera, and I have the same error on the new camera. When I try to add it to my account through the mydlink app on iPhone, I get "Cannot connect to camera".

I spent over 3 hours on the phone last weekend with D-Link support, and we tried just about everything we could think of, repeatedly, in every order imaginable: local/remote, upgrading to the latest firmware, downgrading to previous firmware, adding a password, trying a different cell phone, turning off cellular data on my phone to make sure that the app was trying to connect through the local network, resetting the camera to factory settings repeatedly, etc. They eventually issued an RMA for me to return the camera, because they couldn't figure it out. The problem persists on the new camera they sent me. Also, the first camera initially worked, but stopped working after I updated the firmware to 1.03.03 (I believe, perhaps something else changed as well, but I don't know what it would be).

Here's the sequence of events on the new camera:
  • Tried to set it up normally. It successfully connected to my wifi by WPS (solid green light, could see in router (DLink DIR-645) that it was connected, and I could log into the admin of the camera by going to the IP address of the camera).
  • Tried to add the camera to my account through the app. Same error as camera I returned: "Cannot connect to camera".
  • To make sure that it wasn't some setting in my router, I reset my router to factory settings, and set up wifi again. Camera reconnected to wifi, tried to add camera, same error.
  • Attempted to upgrade firmware to 1.03.03 through the camera admin. Here's what happens when I try to do this: upload gets to about 75%, and then the iframe in the admin changes to "The connection to the server was reset". I refreshed the page, and the firmware says it's still 1.02.02. It is still connected to my router, but now there is a blinking red light on the back of the camera. I tried to connect it again, same error.

UPnP is enabled on my router, and allows RTSP through the firewall. Not sure if those make any difference or not.

Any suggestions?
« Last Edit: June 18, 2016, 08:26:57 PM by joustr »

RYAT3

• Level 10 Member
Re: Cannot connect to camera
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2016, 07:52:54 AM »

What kind of computer are you using to connect to the camera? Laptop?

Which Operating System are you using? Which browser?

Which phone?  Have you tried scanning that block with the code?

You'll probably have to reset the camera to get back into it, which I'm sure you are already good at by now.

RYAT3

• Level 10 Member
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2016, 07:55:40 AM »

I checked up on my notes.  I spent way more time than you.  :'(

http://forums.dlink.com/index.php?topic=63944.0

Anyways - connect to a 2.4 GHz network and don't use a hidden network SSID.  This should bring the camera back to it's senses.

joustr

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2016, 03:01:37 PM »

I don't have any trouble connecting the camera to my local network. It connects fine to my router and I can connect directly to my camera through the local IP of the camera and view video from it. What I can't do is add the camera to my mydlink.com account. I'm using the mydlink Lite app on my iPhone 5C. As far as I know, there is no way to connect the camera to your mydlink.com account than through the mobile app. Is there?

I want to be able to view the camera through the mydlink Lite app on my phone (remotely), and on mydlink.com. When I try to add it, I invariably get "Cannot connect to camera."

RYAT3

• Level 10 Member
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2016, 06:44:05 PM »

Can you try the Android app?

I haven't tried through a PC.  I'm pretty sure I got mine with the Android App.  I might have searched LOCAL and then it found it...and add..

joustr

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2016, 09:36:07 AM »

I don't have an android device, just an iPhone. I've been able to add it as a local camera and see it on my phone, but when I try to add it to my account, I get "connection timed out".

Kakashi::.

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2016, 10:56:26 AM »

Try disabling the "Wi-Fi Assit" option located at the bottom of the "Cellular" page under "Setting" . Make sure to reboot the phone after that... and try again.

Questions:
1. Does this happen right after you setup the local admin password?
2. Can you try to setup a password that only uses Alpha-Numeric characters without any special characters first?
3. Make sure your phone time is set to the correct timezone.

let us know if this works for you.

joustr

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2016, 12:25:13 PM »

Hi Kakashi, thanks for your response. I don't have the option for 'wi-fi assist'. I'm on iOS 8.1. I never upgrade iOS on my iPhone if I'm not upgrading the phone to the latest version as well, because in the past new iOS on older handset makes the phone run incredibly slow. Could this possibly be the issue that I'm on iOS 8.1?

1. I cannot get the app to connect to the camera no matter what I do. I've to add it to my account with no admin password (just the default 'admin', and blank password), and by connecting it to my network and setting up a password through the administrator.
2. I connected it to my network and went into the admin and just used the password '12345' to test, and I get the same thing, 'Cannot connect to camera'.
3. I checked and I'm on the correct timezone on my phone.

In addition, I just tried the following:
-resetting the camera with the reset button.
-when I connect to the built-in camera wifi from my phone, and try to go through the process of adding the camera to my network through the app, I get 'connection timed out'. So, even when I'm connected directly to the camera wifi, the app cannot communicate with the camera. Any more suggestions?

RYAT3

• Level 10 Member
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2016, 03:11:45 PM »

Try 2.4Ghz network.

What router do you have btw?

joustr

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2016, 08:45:52 PM »

D-Link DIR-645, it only supports 2.4GHz. I don't have any problem connecting the camera to the wireless network. What I can't do is connect the camera to the mydlink.com account using the mobile app.

RYAT3

• Level 10 Member
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2016, 08:55:39 PM »

D-Link DIR-645, it only supports 2.4GHz. I don't have any problem connecting the camera to the wireless network. What I can't do is connect the camera to the mydlink.com account using the mobile app.

Thanks, kind of catching up on this post.

Does the iphone mydlink app have local/remote option?  You switched to local and found the camera - and it fails to bind..

I had to re-add my 2630l after I removed it and moved it to a different router (failing with multiple 5Ghz network attempts, f/w 1.00 ).

The android app bound it within a minute or 2.

You're not on DSL with very slow speeds or anything super slow like that?

RYAT3

• Level 10 Member
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2016, 08:59:04 PM »

This sounds familiar to this other person with a 960l and windows/iphone app issues (they can't even create an account and are dead in the water)...

http://forums.dlink.com/index.php?topic=65154.msg270481#msg270481

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • Router Troubleshooting
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2016, 07:01:55 AM »

What FW is currently loaded on the DIR-645?
Is this the only D-Link camera you have?
Is uPnP enabled on the router?

Cable: 1Gb/50Mb>NetGear CM1200>DIR-882>HP 24pt Gb Switch. COVR-1202/2202/3902,DIR-2660/80,3xDGL-4500s,DIR-LX1870,857,835,827,815,890L,880L,868L,836L,810L,685,657,3x655s,645,628,601,DNR-202L,DNS-345,DCS-933L,936L,960L and 8000LH.

joustr

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2016, 03:22:54 PM »

What FW is currently loaded on the DIR-645?
Is this the only D-Link camera you have?
Is uPnP enabled on the router?

Firmware on the router is 1.01, it says it's the most recent version.
Yes, this is the only D-Link camera I have.
Yes, under Advanced > Advanced Network, I have 'Enable uPnP IGD' checked.

joustr

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2016, 03:27:24 PM »

Does the iphone mydlink app have local/remote option?  You switched to local and found the camera - and it fails to bind..

The mydlink app has options to allow cellular data or not, I've tried it with this option turned on and off, same result. I've also disabled cellular data globally on my phone to make sure it is communicating over the wifi network, same result.

You're not on DSL with very slow speeds or anything super slow like that?

No, I'm on cable high-speed.

Pages: [1] 2