• March 28, 2024, 01:06:44 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Workaround for 323 UPnP server issues  (Read 6800 times)

infotree

• Level 1 Member
Workaround for 323 UPnP server issues
« on: January 21, 2010, 08:31:14 AM »

Ever since our install of the 323 I have been unable to "see" our music (iTunes) /photos/videos stored on it with either our PS3 or our network capable AVR, an Onyko TX-NR906.  

I've read and tried all the methods described within this thread, to zero success.  They both see the 323, but get the message "no files found". UPnP AV server is the problem.  iTunes server is enabled.  I'm using the folder 'DNS323_Share' as root.

I almost gave up on this 323, but then I tried the Java PS3 media server (ver. 1.10.51) based on a relatives advice and voila, both devices now see and access everything on the 323.  Worked immediately with minimal setup.  

Not the best "D-Link" solution, but a very suitable workaround!   :D

http://code.google.com/p/ps3mediaserver/
« Last Edit: January 21, 2010, 08:48:45 AM by infotree »

dinykid

• Level 1 Member
Re: Workaround for 323 UPnP server issues
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2010, 10:30:10 AM »

Hi
Do you have a guide to install ps3mediaserver on dns-323. or ä link to one?

infotree

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2010, 04:23:51 PM »

You will need a PS3 and a pc, + your DNS-323.  Install the software for your particular OS (linux, mac or windows) from the link above.  I have my DNS-323 as drive Z.  

Make sure within configuration menu of 323 (Advanced Tab) you have enabled the UPnp AV server, folder 'Root' checked off.

Also enable the iTunes Server and folder 'Root'

Here is the Apple iTunes for Windows link for 'Moving your Itunes Media folder'
http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1364
It will another page if you use a mac.  This process will take a while.

Within Navigation/Share Setting tab of Java PS3 server application place your folders you use (mine were Z:\iTunes Music, Z:\Photo, Z:\Video)

Then I restarted pc, PS3 and then started Java Ps3 Media server application, then everything worked.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2010, 04:26:04 PM by infotree »

infotree

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2010, 04:29:54 PM »

On the Onyko TX-NR906 AVR (under Net/USB), you will see a new media server show up - Java PS3.  Open it up you will see your music folders.

On the PS3 your will see a new media server show up - Java PS3 in Music, Photo, and Video.  Open it up and you will see your respective folders of music, photo, and video.

Temujin

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2010, 08:01:28 PM »

Sorry to bump an old post but in the examples listed above, is ps3mediaserver actually being installed ON the 323, so that the PS3 could access ps3mediaserver running on the 323 without the PC being turned on?
Thank you.

onephatcow

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2010, 02:59:49 PM »

Sorry to bump an old post but in the examples listed above, is ps3mediaserver actually being installed ON the 323, so that the PS3 could access ps3mediaserver running on the 323 without the PC being turned on?
Thank you.

Not sure if PS3M can be run on the 323 as it is meant to be running on your PC, using your PC's ability to transcode where necessary on the fly.  I suppose if somehow you can install and run Java on the 323 it would work though :)

capnstoobie

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2010, 03:37:45 PM »

Make sure within configuration menu of 323 (Advanced Tab) you have enabled the UPnp AV server, folder 'Root' checked off.

Also enable the iTunes Server and folder 'Root'

Is it necessary to have the DNS-323's uPnp server enabled?  I would have thought that the PS3Mediaserver software is acting as the server and would be accessing media on the DNS-323 via samba.