• March 28, 2024, 04:46:39 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: problem withe netbook WiFi connection to DIR615  (Read 3599 times)

nruthenberg

• Level 1 Member
problem withe netbook WiFi connection to DIR615
« on: March 09, 2010, 09:52:05 AM »

I have a a DIR615 and trying to work with an acer netbook (running XP home edition), which my wife uses in the next room from the computer (I have a cable modem connection).

The network has always seemed unstable and now when her computer connects to WiFi it display 5 bars and says "connected" but she gets no internet at all. I have gone to the network setup wizard, and done a complete USB setup(again) on her netbook, I have unplugged and re-started the DIR615. What else can I do to make this thing work??

forumuser

• Level 2 Member
Re: problem withe netbook WiFi connection to DIR615
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2010, 08:06:29 PM »

check the connection status to see if the computer is getting an IP address from the router, if you are using the defaults then the address should be within the following range: 192.168.0.100 - 192.168.0.199
If you are getting an IP, then check to see if you are getting a gateway, default is 192.168.0.1
Not getting an IP or the connection dropping could be the auto channel feature. The router monitors
the best frequency and jumps on it, and can jump again causing this to occur. Try setting the channel
to either 1, 6, 11

Andy_NY

• Level 1 Member
Re: problem withe netbook WiFi connection to DIR615
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2010, 07:00:30 AM »

I have a a DIR615 and trying to work with an acer netbook (running XP home edition), which my wife uses in the next room from the computer (I have a cable modem connection).

The network has always seemed unstable and now when her computer connects to WiFi it display 5 bars and says "connected" but she gets no internet at all. I have gone to the network setup wizard, and done a complete USB setup(again) on her netbook, I have unplugged and re-started the DIR615. What else can I do to make this thing work??

Welcome to my world with the DIR615 over the last 12 months.  Not sure which version of hardware you have, but they did just release a new firmware rev 3.12NA for version C routers on Mar 9, 2010 which may address your issue.

While I've been running rev 3.12 for only a day now, it did fix the issue with my voip phone and connectivity stability seems to be fine now.  Time will tell if it proves out to be the winning code version.