• April 17, 2024, 09:59:03 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Secured network  (Read 4084 times)

yaudette

• Level 1 Member
Secured network
« on: January 25, 2012, 06:41:36 PM »

Hello,

I have a DHP-306AV connected to my router and a DHP-W306AV. All LEDs are on on the 306. On the W306, I have power, house and Wi-Fi on. I have followed the procedure to secure my network by pressing the ENY. I understand that the default encryption key is HomePlugAV but how do I know that the units have generated a random key shared between the 2 components? I have taken a look at the D-Link Powerline AV Utility but it does not seem to provide this information.

Regards

yaudette

• Level 1 Member
Re: Secured network
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2012, 05:37:02 PM »

Considering the number of replies, I guess there is no way to see whether the 2 components share a generated random key or not.

Steve_R

• Level 1 Member
Re: Secured network
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2012, 10:25:31 AM »

Hi

I have only just got my DHP-307AV, so I am by no means an expert, but I would have thought that the LED combination on the DHP-W306AV meant that it cannot communicate with the DHP-306AV.

If they can communicate they are sharing the same encryption key.

If you can connect to your DHP-W306AV either over the mains or wirelessly try typing 192.168.0.50 into a browser. When the DHP-W306AV responds enter your password (if you havent set one leave it blank) then click on PLC Settings on the left hand side. What does it say in the middle under network name?

Steve