• March 19, 2024, 01:33:51 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: view DCS-920 on a mobile device  (Read 9198 times)

moreins

• Level 1 Member
view DCS-920 on a mobile device
« on: March 29, 2010, 11:55:43 AM »

hello
i was wondering if there is any way to watch video feed (or images) from my dcs920 camera on a mobile device like an iphone or pocketpc?
i know that the dcc2121 has an embedded mobile system (http://203.125.227.74/m)

is there any html code i could use to do the same on my dcs 920??

thanks!!
« Last Edit: March 29, 2010, 01:51:45 PM by moreins »

ECF

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
Re: view DCS-920 on a mobile device
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2010, 04:59:24 PM »

If you access the camera in safari you should be able to see the video streaming in Java.
Never forget that only dead fish swim with the stream

DLForums4DeeA

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2010, 09:53:31 AM »

Couple of suggestions.

1. Have the camera send a snapshot/image to an FTP server.
----a. Using a single image, replace the single image.jpg with the most recently taken picture image.jpg, then you can bookmark/favorite that URL link to the most current image taken.
----bi. Using a cycle loop_x, will provide you x number of images (you determine the interval). Dependant on your needs, an example would be 960 images, taken every 7 seconds will provide you the last two hours of coverage. (Lengthen the seconds, or increase images to cover more time)(Under 6 seconds and your going to start bumping into the FTP send option, while taking another image)
----bii.This will take time but, you can then create a webpage. In the page make a table with roughly no more than 20 images, that can act as segways to zeroing in on the time of action you want to examine in more detail. (Remember that the phone or mobile device is loading ALL of the images in full snapshot size eg.640x480 and will take longer to load / sometimes appearing to lock up the device~but not really)

2. Use the software DCamViewer Ver2, or DViewerCam Ver3, or try using them both at same time.
----a. The software can email you when the software loses Signal to the camera(s), and when there is Motion Detected. The camera(s) can still be 'online' and actively sending FTP updates, but the software alert is just when the software looses connection to the camera. (eg. I occasionally get "Signal Lost with Camera 4", but on another PC I am viewing a live stream of Camera 4, both over the LAN, and Internet.)

DLForums4DeeA

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2010, 10:06:05 AM »

If you can score a DCS 2120, or DCS2121, they apparently have 3GGP capablity built in. Unfortunately, the 2120 is not available in Canada, not sure about the US. The 2121 was only released in Asia region, and I can't speak to what laguage interface it would have or if compatible to N.American users/computers/devices.

Just bought another DCS920 today and the firmware is 1.04 (which is not available in the FTP Multimedia DCS920 firware section), but it has the URL ability to be accessed instantly (not a stream/ not a snapshot) found in the Maintenence>Device Management>Server Setting

Snapshot URL Authentication Enable  Disable  (http://192.168.0.xxx/image/jpeg.cgi)

If you port forward the camera, you can access this from the internet, outside your home.

I run a Blackberry 9700 (which can do 3ggp), and can't get any stream (from a DCS920), still trying to devise something though.
But getting snapshots is easy. Just if you want to access something older than the most current, see my previous post.

Need access to the ftp server? (for Dlink firmware or manuals)
ftp://ftp.dlink.com

DLForums4DeeA

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2010, 10:33:17 AM »

CORRECTION : I meant to say 3gpp, is what current mobile devices have.

FYI : You may also want to research RTSP (Real Time Streaming Protocol)

WyreNut

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2010, 04:15:58 PM »

Have you tried http://www.cam-viewer.com?  It works (sort of) with my Palm Pre Plus and my DCS-5300G...

WyreNut
Moderator, Palm Inc. Community Forums
http://forums.palm.com