• March 28, 2024, 09:02:28 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Push Notificatins Stopped IOS App  (Read 12061 times)

DaDDz

• Level 2 Member
Re: Push Notificatins Stopped IOS App
« Reply #30 on: August 11, 2017, 08:30:27 AM »

Push notifications started on my 5020l yesterday for about 4 hours, then stopped.  5010l and 5222l nothing.  Still no word back from support.
I've got a new 2670l arriving today.  Hoping there's a resolution to this and I don't have to look to alternatives. 

GreenBay42

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
« Reply #31 on: August 11, 2017, 08:49:32 AM »

USA tested 5010L - Failed, and the 5020L - success. They sent a d-track to Taiwan yesterday, as I assume Canada did too.

DaDDz

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #32 on: August 11, 2017, 10:11:17 AM »

USA tested 5010L - Failed, and the 5020L - success. They sent a d-track to Taiwan yesterday, as I assume Canada did too.

Assumed it was a test, being so specific.  Other odd thing today was a number of Record by Motion Detection E-mails showed up from earlier today, hours ago and yesterday.  I've been getting them all along within seconds through this which is normal.  Appeared to be random and totaled around 7-8.  I'll assume it was related to testing unless it continues.

DaDDz

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #33 on: August 14, 2017, 09:08:07 AM »

Push notifications were back on both my 5010l and 5020l this morning, so something is fixed.  But they stopped again a few hours after so I'm assuming it was a test.  Will give them a call and see the status.  Am I the only ios user using push notifications?

DaDDz

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #34 on: August 14, 2017, 04:33:17 PM »

Push notifications were back on both my 5010l and 5020l this morning, so something is fixed.  But they stopped again a few hours after so I'm assuming it was a test.  Will give them a call and see the status.  Am I the only ios user using push notifications?

Looking more closely I could see notifications varied depending on iphone ios.  I have an old iphone 5s with ios 10.3 and it has been working most of the day although a bit erraticly. Iphone 6s with ios 10.3.3 worked for the few hours this morning, but nothing since then.  Called it in to support but unable to get to a level 2.  They'll call back.

GreenBay42

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
« Reply #35 on: August 15, 2017, 06:33:12 AM »

I will ask around today for any updates with this. iOS has released several security updates in the last few months. I am sure it is related to mydlink Lite app issues. Android hasn't been affected so I know it isn't just a mydlink back-end problem.

DaDDz

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #36 on: August 15, 2017, 08:57:13 AM »

I will ask around today for any updates with this. iOS has released several security updates in the last few months. I am sure it is related to mydlink Lite app issues. Android hasn't been affected so I know it isn't just a mydlink back-end problem.

My old iphone 5s ios 10.3 (from March I think) has been getting push notifications consistently for the past 24 hours.  Just using it as a test unit, as I only use it for music streaming.  The 6s with ios 10.3.3 worked for two hours intermittently yesterday.  Made two calls to support here in the past day to update them.  Today they seemed to think it had been resolved until I said 10.3.3 is still not working.  Said they will test that version today and call me back.  I would have thought 10.3.3 would have been the obvious test as it's current?  I've been patient but I'm about at the end.  Been three weeks and if it's that not enough cameras are in use this way, at least with iphones, to make it a priority, I need to know so I can move on.  I have the 2670l sitting here which I'll have to return.  It was a good setup the 2-3 years, issues quickly resolved, but it seems something lacking now.

DaDDz

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #37 on: August 16, 2017, 09:41:18 AM »

Push notification issue appears to be resolved with fix applied to servers.  Took a while for the iphone 6s with 10.3.3 to start but they have been working properly so far since late yesterday.  Thanks to all you worked on this.

GreenBay42

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
« Reply #38 on: August 16, 2017, 09:51:03 AM »

They did something to the server last night. Support in US (2 techs) tested their 5010Ls with iOS 10.3.3 and they are getting notifications.

Glad it is finally working for you. Thanks for your patience.

« Last Edit: August 16, 2017, 10:18:21 AM by GreenBay42 »
Pages: 1 2 [3]