• April 18, 2024, 04:24:53 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Is there anything anything special about this router?  (Read 4142 times)

estherissima

• Level 1 Member
Is there anything anything special about this router?
« on: April 26, 2010, 03:13:54 PM »

I have had the DGL-4100 for less than a week. It is replacing a much older DLink router, the DI-604, which has always worked. I wanted to upgrade in the hopes of better speed. However, so far, I have noted no increase in speed, and more dropped connections and data freezes. I'm thinking of pulling this new router out and going back to the old one while I shop for a different router.

Is there anyone here who actually knows how this thing works? I tried phone support and the person really couldn't help me.

Is there anything about this router that is particular to gaming, or is it just gamer lingo slapped onto existing features for the sake of marketing?

Thank you.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2010, 03:18:46 PM by estherissima »

estherissima

• Level 1 Member
Re: Is there anything anything special about this router?
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2010, 09:39:31 AM »

Is there anyone from DLink actually providing support on this site? Or should I just RMA this DGL4100 router and shop for a different one?