• March 28, 2024, 08:47:30 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Need setup advice  (Read 3817 times)

sirotenko

• Level 1 Member
Need setup advice
« on: April 28, 2014, 12:11:50 AM »

I am wondering if I can use the following setup to solve the "see video feed on demand" issue when any person with internet can view video stream from one of my cameras if I provide him the URL link (mydlink related?). The setup I am looking at is: DCS-931L -> 3G cellular wifi mobile router -> cloud
Did someone try such configuration? Any advice will be appreciated. Thanks. Vladimir.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
Re: Need setup advice
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2014, 05:23:22 AM »

I'm not sure I clearly understand your issue. What are type of access are you trying to achieve?
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

sirotenko

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2014, 08:42:36 AM »

I'm not sure I clearly understand your issue. What are type of access are you trying to achieve?
I have several workers which have ip cameras attached to internet via wifi cellular modems and showing online how those workers do their job. I understand that I will have administrative access to all cameras. But at the same time I have to provide easy access from internet to their video feeds to the clients who hired those workers. Then every client can see what his worker is doing. Relation is one client - one worker. And client knows camera ID of the corresponding worker. The client should have just viewing privilege.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2014, 08:47:27 AM by sirotenko »

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2014, 10:35:26 AM »

You have a couple of options

• (Easiest) mydlink service. Register the D-Link Cloud cameras with a single mydlink account and anyone who logs into that account can view the live feeds of all the cameras. Cons to this approach is that there is only one account and it has admin access. Additionally, anyone who logs into that account will have access to all cameras
  • If the router supports port forwarding, you can expose the camera to the internet and create an admin account and user account.  The user account will have view-only access via an IP address from a web browser. The admin account can log in via IP address and view the live feed as well as perform admin functions
  • There are also third party apps that will enable remote management/viewing of these cameras.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2014, 10:37:02 AM »

Please read the following thread, as I believe it may achieve exactly what you are looking for: Setting up a user accounts with restricted features

sirotenko

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2014, 04:17:44 AM »

ok, thanks a lot.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2014, 04:41:09 AM »

Post back with an update after you choose a solution.  ;)