• April 02, 2024, 08:17:49 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Firmware upgrade failed  (Read 18071 times)

saj777

• Level 1 Member
Firmware upgrade failed
« on: November 09, 2009, 02:44:46 PM »

The support page for the DPH-541 (http://www.dlink.com/products/?pid=DPH-541) states the following:

"Do NOT upgrade firmware on any D-Link product over a wireless connection.
Failure of the device may result. Use only hard-wired network connections."

But the user manual does mention anything about a hard-wired network connection.
It does discuss a mini-USB cable, that is apparently used only to charge the phone.
So is it correct to assume that firmware upgrades must be done using a wireless connection?

I in fact tried to upgrade using a wireless connection.  I was able to upgrade the bootcode successfully,
but got an error message when trying to upgrade the firmware (from 1.00.14 to 1.01.01).
Might there be some limitation in the unit which prevents the upgrade?  The serial # of my unit
is PB02166000542.

dexter

• Level 1 Member
Re: Firmware upgrade failed
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2009, 07:24:38 AM »

The support page for the DPH-541 (http://www.dlink.com/products/?pid=DPH-541) states the following:

"Do NOT upgrade firmware on any D-Link product over a wireless connection.
Failure of the device may result. Use only hard-wired network connections."

But the user manual does mention anything about a hard-wired network connection.
It does discuss a mini-USB cable, that is apparently used only to charge the phone.
So is it correct to assume that firmware upgrades must be done using a wireless connection?

I in fact tried to upgrade using a wireless connection.  I was able to upgrade the bootcode successfully,
but got an error message when trying to upgrade the firmware (from 1.00.14 to 1.01.01).
Might there be some limitation in the unit which prevents the upgrade?  The serial # of my unit
is PB02166000542.

I have the same issue with my device. See my post with some preliminary
tips from WiFI but for me they didn't work:

http://forums.dlink.com/index.php?topic=7016.0

- a.

neftv

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2009, 08:53:11 PM »

Yea I found that funny that DLink states don't upgrade over the air with this phone yet it does not state how to do it otherwise. Must be a BIG secert that is going to someone's grave since support for this device is unremarkable.  I have one of these phone too about 8 months and hardly use it.

WiFi

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2009, 07:05:15 PM »

Yea I found that funny that DLink states don't upgrade over the air with this phone yet it does not state how to do it otherwise. Must be a BIG secert that is going to someone's grave since support for this device is unremarkable.  I have one of these phone too about 8 months and hardly use it.

i think they meant to have the computer with the file, be connected to the routers ethernet, not by wireless to it.

the phone has no choice, but, to be wireless :-)

also, use IE6 or higher, and turn off privacy from your firewall if you use one.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2009, 07:19:29 PM by WiFi »
Always Trying To Improve