• April 23, 2024, 12:31:24 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Videos  (Read 6125 times)

mhumphri

• Level 2 Member
Videos
« on: February 27, 2008, 08:21:09 AM »

I have some DVD movies that I purchased and I want to put them on my PC to stream to the DSM.  How do I get the movies onto my PC?  Will Windows Media Player "rip" them to my PC? or do I have to use a different program?

ECF

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
Re: Videos
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2008, 03:22:55 PM »

I would recommend Nero Recode software this will rip them from your DVD to create a mp4 video file playable by the DSM-520. The only issue you may run into is copy protected DVDs cannot be ripped from a DVD as it is.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2008, 05:49:03 PM by ECF »
Never forget that only dead fish swim with the stream

C4MP3R

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2008, 08:04:47 AM »

Google DVD43 and ANYDVD

one is free (you get what you pay for) the other is paid but very good.

Use ANYDVD in congunction with Nero Recoder (not free) and you will be very happy.  This will work fine with the dlink active tv and is the same setup a buddy of mine has.

i'm using the dsm-510 with nero essentials media server, nero recoder 3, and anydvd.

simoncutting

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2008, 10:45:24 AM »

I use AnyDVD (which decrypts on the fly so you don't have to save the DVD VOB files on you PC) and AutoGK (http://www.autogk.me.uk/ - which is free but marvellous).  I tried Nero and had lots of issues creating files that would play and had sound.  AutoGK allows you to pass through the Dolby/DTS sound track to the AVI file where the DSM will pick it up and send it to your receiver for decoding.

mhumphri

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2008, 01:12:03 PM »

I have ANYDVD and the Nero package but I'm not quite sure how to process it with Nero.  Do I convert it to Nero Digital?  I started to do one DVD and it was going to take about 8 hrs.

kolinb

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2008, 03:58:13 PM »

I have had a lot of luck with ImToo DVD Ripper Platinum v4.

http://www.imtoo.com/dvd-ripper-platinum.html

It does an amazing job on the video, the only downside is it does not keep the 5.1 AC3 audio (converts it to stereo).

Kolin

mycomputers.ca

• Level 2 Member
    • MY Computers Corp
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2008, 10:34:39 PM »

you can read it directly from dvd just add the dvd drive to the shared list and open the dvd file.

mhumphri

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2008, 07:54:30 AM »

I would like to copy my DVDs to a server running Windows home server software and then play them back thru the DSM. I can already access the Music on the windows home server from the DSM.

How would I use ANYDVD and Nero recode to set this up? Or should I be using different software.