• May 17, 2024, 11:41:34 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 32

Author Topic: DNS-320L - Firmware Wishlist  (Read 489167 times)

drfranz

• Level 1 Member
Re: DNS-320L - Firmware Wishlist
« Reply #225 on: March 19, 2013, 01:48:52 AM »

App - P2P - Ability to add multiple magnet/torrent links
App - FTP/HTTP - Ability to add multiple download url's

;)

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #226 on: March 19, 2013, 04:36:50 AM »

Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #227 on: March 19, 2013, 04:37:11 AM »

App - P2P - Ability to add multiple magnet/torrent links
App - FTP/HTTP - Ability to add multiple download url's

;)

Added...

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #228 on: March 19, 2013, 04:40:17 AM »

The following DNS-320L Firmware Wishlist contains the collective contribution of the DNS-320L D-Link forum community. If you would like to contribute to this list, please post your suggestions as a reply to this thread.

Below is a summary of everyone's input thus far. Please let me know if I over-generalized, misrepresented, or overlooked anyone's concerns and I'll refresh the list with updates. Recent additions/changes are highlighted in blue. Items addressed on the latest firmware are striked out.

If any items in the wishlist were fixed by the latest firmware, please post and I'll update!

DNS-320L Wishlist

• General - Ability to create accounts in the HTTP/FTP download application for downloads (rather than reinserting the username, password, and host name combination for each download)
  • General - Ability to select and download multiple files from a remote location
  • General - Add USB storage location in web_file_server copy function
  • General - Automatically generate a unique name for each "Configuration Settings" file generated by the system using a date/time stamp (rather than the generic name, "backup"
  • General - Capture more detailed backup information in log file (e.g. success, reason for failure, etc.)
  • General - Contents of deeply nested folders (e.g. 10 levels deep) are not displayed while browsing
  • General - Custom named "admin" account (rather than using the default "admin" username)
  • General - Dynamically updating progress bar for Web UI file moving and copying (rather than the static window that remains frozen and closes when the job completes)
  • General - Support for additional cloud storage providers (e.g. Dropbox, HiDrive)
  • General - Improve Web UI responsiveness (sluggish performance)
  • General - Improved Browser Support (e.g. "My Photos" doesn't work properly with Chrome)
  • General - Include an onboard audio/video transcoder (e.g. based on mencoder/ffmpeg with a web interface)
  • General - HDDs pre-formatted with EXT4 are forced to reformat upon first use (problematic for users lacking storage space to displace/offload data during the format process)
  • General - Option to auto-unzip compressed files following download completion
  • General - Option to disable execution of "chmod -R 777" during each boot
  • General - Add dual window Explorer type application to easily move/copy folder/files NAS to NAS, USB to NAS, and NAS to USB
  • General - Option to disable do_thumbnail process (i.e. process impacts performance)
  • General - Option to disable LPD service
  • General - Option to disable the Samba service
  • General - Option to increase log file size
  • General - Power on/off on a schedule and/or system idle
  • General - Remove the 2GB file size constraint for downloads via the web interface
  • General - SSH (RSYNC) support
  • General - Support for Plex Media Server add-in
  • General - Symbolic Links (filesystem)
  • General - Wake on LAN support
  • Backup - Support for additional services: FTP server, Amazon Glacier, Google Drive, Microsoft Sky Drive, and Dropbox
  • Backup - Support for remote backup to Linux (i.e. ability to use non-standard ports rather than the standard port 22)
  • DLNA - Automatic detection and availability of newly added content
  • DLNA - Automatic refresh for added/moved content
  • DLNA - Compliant subtitle support(i.e. *.srt, *.sub)
  • DLNA - Improve "Refresh All" performance (i.e. reduce completion time)
  • DLNA - Improved Samsung Smart TV support
  • DLNA - Local refresh button limited to specific directories or sub-directories (rather than "Refresh All")
  • GUI - Move id="Menu_List" on the top bar after id="my_management" in all web pages
  • GUI - Utilization line on graph is difficult to see (yellow line on a white background)
  • Email Notification - Send email notification when USB backup/sync completes
  • Fan Control - Custom fan control with more granularity than low and high (i.e. extend speed control lower than the preset "Low", with more intermediate levels extending to "High": 10%, 20%, 30%. . . .100%)
  • Fan Control - Option to automatically toggle between Off and Low depending on the system temperature
  • Fan Control - Option to manually set fan speed to Low (all the time)
  • Fan Control - Option to select minimum temperature threshold to throttle the fan speed to Low and high
  • mydlink - Ability to manage rights when connected via mydlink (mydlink currently provides global rights to all files)
  • mydlink - Remove dependency on Wizard to register the DNS-320L
  • App - Support to post media to Google Picasa, Fliker, and similar services
  • App - iTunes - iTunes server movie sharing support
  • App - P2P [Bug] - Inability to resume a torrent that is stopped (rather than paused)
  • App - P2P [Bug] - Intermittent P2P client freezing (requires DNS-320L reboot to temporarily restore service)
  • App - P2P [Bug] - Newly added torrents don't start automatically even if option is checked
  • App - P2P [Bug] - Scheduling - Power-On scheduling feature often does not work [Issue reported by multiple owners]
  • App - FTP/HTTP - Ability to add multiple download url's
  • App - P2P - Add copy/move function from P2P volume to Volume_1 and USB storage locations
  • App - P2P - Ability to select specific sub-files within a torrent file for download (rather than download all files within the torrent)
  • App - P2P - Ability to add/edit tracker list (i.e. add peers and select file in .torrent to download)
  • App - P2P - Add option to specify download location (volume and folder)
  • App - P2P - Adding a P2P download via the iPhone is problematic due to prolonged page refresh
  • App - P2P - Ability to add multiple magnet/torrent links
  • App - P2P - Ability to control the quantity of connections and simultaneous downloads
  • App - P2P - Automatically refresh the current folder/file view after P2P download completes or media is copied to a shared folder (rather than having to manually use "Refresh All")
  • App - P2P - Automatically sort completed torrents at the end of the seeds list
  • App - P2P - eDonkey support
  • App - P2P - Full bandwidth is not utilized for downloads
  • App - P2P - Moving files from the P2P folder to another location does not always index correctly (i.e. files sometimes must be moved to P2P and "re-moved" for the system to recognize the new file)
  • App - P2P - Option to increase the number of torrents listed per page (e.g. dropdown menu with 10, 20, 50, and 100)
  • App - P2P - Support for magnet link
  • App - P2P - Support for magnet links
  • App - P2P - Support for private torrent trackers
  • App - P2P - User/Group rights management
  • Print Server - Support for "Brother HL-1430"
  • Security - Option to block "anonymous" from accessing external USB storage via FTP
  • UPnP - Automatic detection and availability of newly added content   
  • UPnP - Automatic refresh for UpNP shares (rather than logging into the Web UI and performing a manual refresh)
  • UPnP - Option to set the max-age of the UPnP server to change the lifetime SSDP announcement, improving compatibility with smart TV DLNA servers.
  • UPnP - Support for streaming AVI files
  • UPnP - Support for streaming MKV files on a DLNA certified TV
  • UPnP - Wrong Mine type returned for .mkv files (i.e. returns "video/x-mkv" rather than "video/x-matroska")
  • USB - Ability to start USB backup/sync from GUI without pressing the physical button on the DNS-320L
  • USB - Backup on a schedule
  • USB - Option for incremental backup to USB storage
  • USB - Option to schedule multiple backup jobs (i.e. multiple directories/times)
  • USB - Option to use the USB socket as a hots port
  • USB - Remote GUI software
  • USB - SharePort support
  • USB - Shutdown USB connected storage when DNS-325 enters hibernate mode
  • USB - Support for digital cameras (e.g. Canon EOS 450D) and SD readers
  • USB - USB sound card support

Wishlist Items Addressed by D-Link (Thank you!)

• [Bug] General - CPU utilization often hangs at 100% although no process intensive services seem to be running [FIXED!]

ronnytaubert

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #229 on: March 19, 2013, 01:02:53 PM »

DNS-320L - Firmware, Manuals, Emulators, and Support Material
There is the firmware with the changes? I can find only the 1.01B03 and which I have already installed with me.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #230 on: March 19, 2013, 01:14:52 PM »

There is the firmware with the changes? I can find only the 1.01B03 and which I have already installed with me.

That's correct.  v.1.01b03 is the latest FW version released by D-Link.

KaZo

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #231 on: March 19, 2013, 02:05:40 PM »

I have some P2P problems with 1.01., it works with 1.02b1 correctly.
I found 1.02b1 at path: http://ftp.dlink.hu/dns/dns-320L/driver_software/
P2P: I suggest a "Remove selected" button to remove the torrent from list, the "delete" button detetes the downloaded data too. I wan't it.
DLNA: I can see the files with 1.01 FW on my Win7 media Player & on my Asus media Pro, but Asus frozens from DLNA.
DLNA: I can't see the files with 1.02b1, i made a shared folder, and i switched on the UPnP AV Server. I can see the DNS320L device with my players, but I can't see the files.

KaZo

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #232 on: March 19, 2013, 02:12:18 PM »

P2P: I suggest a support for outer P2P GUI. For example: Transmission Remote GUI.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #233 on: March 20, 2013, 04:48:48 AM »

I found 1.02b1 at path: http://ftp.dlink.hu/dns/dns-320L/driver_software/

D-Link USA expressly recommends NOT installing firmware v1.02b01 as there are known issues that will be addressed in the next release.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #234 on: March 20, 2013, 04:50:27 AM »

P2P: I suggest a "Remove selected" button to remove the torrent from list, the "delete" button detetes the downloaded data too. I wan't it.

Added...

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #235 on: March 20, 2013, 04:52:09 AM »

The following DNS-320L Firmware Wishlist contains the collective contribution of the DNS-320L D-Link forum community. If you would like to contribute to this list, please post your suggestions as a reply to this thread.

Below is a summary of everyone's input thus far. Please let me know if I over-generalized, misrepresented, or overlooked anyone's concerns and I'll refresh the list with updates. Recent additions/changes are highlighted in blue. Items addressed on the latest firmware are striked out.

If any items in the wishlist were fixed by the latest firmware, please post and I'll update!

DNS-320L Wishlist

• General - Ability to create accounts in the HTTP/FTP download application for downloads (rather than reinserting the username, password, and host name combination for each download)
  • General - Ability to select and download multiple files from a remote location
  • General - Add USB storage location in web_file_server copy function
  • General - Automatically generate a unique name for each "Configuration Settings" file generated by the system using a date/time stamp (rather than the generic name, "backup"
  • General - Capture more detailed backup information in log file (e.g. success, reason for failure, etc.)
  • General - Contents of deeply nested folders (e.g. 10 levels deep) are not displayed while browsing
  • General - Custom named "admin" account (rather than using the default "admin" username)
  • General - Dynamically updating progress bar for Web UI file moving and copying (rather than the static window that remains frozen and closes when the job completes)
  • General - Support for additional cloud storage providers (e.g. Dropbox, HiDrive)
  • General - Improve Web UI responsiveness (sluggish performance)
  • General - Improved Browser Support (e.g. "My Photos" doesn't work properly with Chrome)
  • General - Include an onboard audio/video transcoder (e.g. based on mencoder/ffmpeg with a web interface)
  • General - HDDs pre-formatted with EXT4 are forced to reformat upon first use (problematic for users lacking storage space to displace/offload data during the format process)
  • General - Option to auto-unzip compressed files following download completion
  • General - Option to disable execution of "chmod -R 777" during each boot
  • General - Add dual window Explorer type application to easily move/copy folder/files NAS to NAS, USB to NAS, and NAS to USB
  • General - Option to disable do_thumbnail process (i.e. process impacts performance)
  • General - Option to disable LPD service
  • General - Option to disable the Samba service
  • General - Option to increase log file size
  • General - Power on/off on a schedule and/or system idle
  • General - Remove the 2GB file size constraint for downloads via the web interface
  • General - SSH (RSYNC) support
  • General - Support for Plex Media Server add-in
  • General - Symbolic Links (filesystem)
  • General - Wake on LAN support
  • Backup - Support for additional services: FTP server, Amazon Glacier, Google Drive, Microsoft Sky Drive, and Dropbox
  • Backup - Support for remote backup to Linux (i.e. ability to use non-standard ports rather than the standard port 22)
  • DLNA - Automatic detection and availability of newly added content
  • DLNA - Automatic refresh for added/moved content
  • DLNA - Compliant subtitle support(i.e. *.srt, *.sub)
  • DLNA - Improved Samsung Smart TV support
  • DLNA - Local refresh button limited to specific directories or sub-directories (rather than "Refresh All")
  • GUI - Move id="Menu_List" on the top bar after id="my_management" in all web pages
  • GUI - Utilization line on graph is difficult to see (yellow line on a white background)
  • Email Notification - Send email notification when USB backup/sync completes
  • Fan Control - Custom fan control with more granularity than low and high (i.e. extend speed control lower than the preset "Low", with more intermediate levels extending to "High": 10%, 20%, 30%. . . .100%)
  • Fan Control - Option to automatically toggle between Off and Low depending on the system temperature
  • Fan Control - Option to manually set fan speed to Low (all the time)
  • Fan Control - Option to select minimum temperature threshold to throttle the fan speed to Low and high
  • mydlink - Ability to manage rights when connected via mydlink (mydlink currently provides global rights to all files)
  • mydlink - Remove dependency on Wizard to register the DNS-320L
  • App - Support to post media to Google Picasa, Fliker, and similar services
  • App - iTunes - iTunes server movie sharing support
  • App - P2P [Bug] - Inability to resume a torrent that is stopped (rather than paused)
  • App - P2P [Bug] - Intermittent P2P client freezing (requires DNS-320L reboot to temporarily restore service)
  • App - P2P [Bug] - Newly added torrents don't start automatically even if option is checked
  • App - P2P [Bug] - Scheduling - Power-On scheduling feature often does not work [Issue reported by multiple owners]
  • App - FTP/HTTP - Ability to add multiple download url's
  • App - P2P - Add copy/move function from P2P volume to Volume_1 and USB storage locations
  • App - P2P - Ability to select specific sub-files within a torrent file for download (rather than download all files within the torrent)
  • App - P2P - Ability to add/edit tracker list (i.e. add peers and select file in .torrent to download)
  • App - P2P - Add option to specify download location (volume and folder)
  • App - P2P - Adding a P2P download via the iPhone is problematic due to prolonged page refresh
  • App - P2P - Ability to add multiple magnet/torrent links
  • App - P2P - Ability to control the quantity of connections and simultaneous downloads
  • App - P2P - Automatically refresh the current folder/file view after P2P download completes or media is copied to a shared folder (rather than having to manually use "Refresh All")
  • App - P2P - Automatically sort completed torrents at the end of the seeds list
  • App - P2P - eDonkey support
  • App - P2P - Full bandwidth is not utilized for downloads
  • App - P2P - Moving files from the P2P folder to another location does not always index correctly (i.e. files sometimes must be moved to P2P and "re-moved" for the system to recognize the new file)
  • App - P2P - Option to increase the number of torrents listed per page (e.g. dropdown menu with 10, 20, 50, and 100)
  • App - P2P - "Remove Selected" button to remove a torrent from the active list (i.e. existing "Delete" button deletes the torrent from the list and all downloaded data)
  • App - P2P - Support for magnet link
  • App - P2P - Support for magnet links
  • App - P2P - Support for private torrent trackers
  • App - P2P - User/Group rights management
  • Print Server - Support for "Brother HL-1430"
  • Security - Option to block "anonymous" from accessing external USB storage via FTP
  • UPnP - Automatic detection and availability of newly added content   
  • UPnP - Automatic refresh for UpNP shares (rather than logging into the Web UI and performing a manual refresh)
  • UPnP - Option to set the max-age of the UPnP server to change the lifetime SSDP announcement, improving compatibility with smart TV DLNA servers.
  • UPnP - Support for streaming AVI files
  • UPnP - Support for streaming MKV files on a DLNA certified TV
  • UPnP - Wrong Mine type returned for .mkv files (i.e. returns "video/x-mkv" rather than "video/x-matroska")
  • USB - Ability to start USB backup/sync from GUI without pressing the physical button on the DNS-320L
  • USB - Backup on a schedule
  • USB - Option for incremental backup to USB storage
  • USB - Option to schedule multiple backup jobs (i.e. multiple directories/times)
  • USB - Option to use the USB socket as a hots port
  • USB - Remote GUI software
  • USB - SharePort support
  • USB - Shutdown USB connected storage when DNS-325 enters hibernate mode
  • USB - Support for digital cameras (e.g. Canon EOS 450D) and SD readers
  • USB - USB sound card support

Wishlist Items Addressed by D-Link (Thank you!)

• [Bug] General - CPU utilization often hangs at 100% although no process intensive services seem to be running [FIXED!]

iceman26

« Reply #236 on: March 23, 2013, 03:24:17 AM »

when will be the next firmware release that will address the p2p freezing problem? Angry and i think this should be prioritized first before the many bugs infesting this device.

because this NAS is good for nothing if this will be the case for this whole year.  >:(

very disappointed with this product, so i did warn most of my friends bout this NAS. >:(

scorpie2000

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #237 on: March 23, 2013, 09:45:49 AM »

Storage: Would like to see iSCSI Support for the DNS-320l
Printserver: Support for HP DeskJet F-Series including scan function
« Last Edit: March 23, 2013, 09:48:19 AM by scorpie2000 »

MackTK

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #238 on: March 31, 2013, 05:44:40 AM »

Hi.

It would be nice to see more FTP Filter control. At this moment, we can only block specific IPs. It would be useful have an autoban function and a whitelist (only connections from whitelist to be allowed or using wildcard, the rest of IPs to have denied access).

Cheers!

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #239 on: April 02, 2013, 04:49:51 AM »

Storage: Would like to see iSCSI Support for the DNS-320l
Printserver: Support for HP DeskJet F-Series including scan function

Added...  ;)