• May 21, 2024, 09:30:42 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 32

Author Topic: DNS-320L - Firmware Wishlist  (Read 489334 times)

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
Re: DNS-320L - Firmware Wishlist
« Reply #165 on: January 25, 2013, 12:33:25 PM »

Relating to my post at http://forums.dlink.com/index.php?topic=52237.0:

- Fix the bug that causes "chmod -R 777" to be executed on network shares at every boot

or, alternatively, if this is considered a feature by D-Link

- provide a way to turn this behaviour off

Added. . .
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #166 on: January 25, 2013, 12:35:16 PM »

The following DNS-320L Firmware Wishlist contains the collective contribution of the DNS-320L D-Link forum community. If you would like to contribute to this list, please post your suggestions as a reply to this thread.

Below is a summary of everyone's input thus far. Please let me know if I over-generalized, misrepresented, or overlooked anyone's concerns and I'll refresh the list with updates. Recent additions/changes are highlighted in blue. Items addressed on the latest firmware are striked out.

If any items in the wishlist were fixed by the latest firmware, please post and I'll update!

DNS-320L Wishlist

• General - Ability to create accounts in the HTTP/FTP download application for downloadss (rather than reinserting the username, password, and hostname combination for each download)
  • General - Ability to select and download multiple files from a remote location
  • General - Add USB storage location in web_file_server copy function
  • General - Automatically generate a unique name for each "Configuration Settings" file generated by the system using a date/time stamp (rather than the generic name, "backup"
  • General - Automatically refresh the current folder/file view after P2P download completes or media is copied to a shared folder (rather than having to manually use "Refresh All")
  • General - Contents of deeply nested folders (e.g. 10 levels deep) are not displayed while browsing
  • General - Dynamically updating progress bar for Web UI file moving and copying (rather than the static window that remains frozen and closes when the job completes)
  • General - Improve Web UI responsiveness (sluggish performance)
  • General - Improved Browser Support (e.g. "My Photos" doesn't work properly with Chrome)
  • General - HDDs pre-formatted with EXT4 are forced to reformat upon first use (problematic for users lacking storage space to displace/offload data during the format process)
  • General - Option to auto-unzip compressed files following download completion
  • General - Option to disable execution of "chmod -R 777" during each boot
  • General - Add dual window Explorer type application to easily move/copy folder/files NAS to NAS, USB to NAS, and NAS to USB
  • General - Option to disable LPD service
  • General - Option to disable the Samba service
  • General - Power on/off on a schedule and/or system idle
  • General - Remove the 2GB file size constraint for downloads via the web interface
  • General - SSH (RSYNC) support
  • General - Support for Plex Media Server add-in
  • General - Symbolic Links (filesystem)
  • General - Wake on LAN support
  • App - Support to post media to Google Picasa, Fliker, and similar services
  • Backup - Support for additional services: FTP server, Amazon Glacier, Google Drive, Microsoft Sky Drive, and Dropbox
  • Backup - Support for remote backup to Linux (i.e. ability to use non-standard ports rather than the standard port 22)
  • DLNA - Automatic detection and availability of newly added content
  • DLNA - Improved Samsung Smart TV support
  • GUI - Move id="Menu_List" on the top bar after id="my_management" in all web pages
  • GUI - Utilization line on graph is difficult to see (yellow line on a white background)
  • Email Notification - Send email notification when USB backup/sync completes
  • Fan Control - Custom fan control with more granularity than low and high (i.e. extend speed control lower than the preset "Low", with more intermediate levels extending to "High": 10%, 20%, 30%. . . .100%)
  • Fan Control - Option to automatically toggle between Off and Low depending on the system temperature
  • Fan Control - Option to manually set fan speed to Low (all the time)
  • Fan Control - Option to select minimum temperature threshold to throttle the fan speed to Low and high
  • iTunes - iTunes server movie sharing support
  • mydlink - Ability to manage rights when connected via mydlink (mydlink currently provides global rights to all files)
  • P2P - Add copy/move function from P2P volume to Volume_1 and USB storage locations
  • P2P - Ability to select specific sub-files within a torrent file for download (rather than download all files within the torrent)
  • P2P - Ability to add/edit tracker list (i.e. add peers and select file in .torrent to download)
  • P2P - Add option to specify download location (volume and folder)
  • P2P - Adding a P2P download via the iPhone is problematic due to prolonged page refresh
  • P2P - Ability to control the quantity of connections and simultaneous downloads
  • P2P - Automatically sort completed torrents at the end of the seeds list
  • P2P - eDonkey support
  • P2P - Full bandwidth is not utilized for downloads
  • P2P - Moving files from the P2P folder to another location does not always index correctly (i.e. files sometimes have to be moved back to P2P and "re-moved" for the system to recognize the new file)
  • P2P - Option to increase the number of torrents listed per page (e.g. dropdown menu with 10, 20, 50, and 100)
  • P2P - Support for magnet link
  • P2P - Support for magnet links
  • Security - Option to block "anonymous" from accessing external USB storage via FTP
  • UPnP - Automatic detection and availability of newly added content   
  • UPnP - Automatic refresh for UpNP shares (rather than logging into the Web UI and performing a manual refresh)
  • UPnP - Option to set the max-age of the UPnP server to change the lifetime SSDP announcement, improving compatibility with smart TV DLNA servers.
  • UPnP - Support for streaming MKV files on a DLNA certified TV
  • USB - Ability to start USB backup/sync from the GUI without pressing the physical button on the DNS-320L
  • USB - Backup on a schedule
  • USB - Option for incremental backup to USB storage
  • USB - Option to use the USB socket as a hots port
  • USB - Remote GUI software
  • USB - SharePort support
  • USB - Shutdown USB connected storage when DNS-325 enters hibernate mode
  • USB - USB sound card support
  • [Bug] General - CPU utilization often hangs at 100% although no process intensive services seem to be running
  • [Bug] P2P - Inability to resume a torrent that is stopped (rather than paused)
  • [Bug] P2P - Intermittent P2P client freezing (requires DNS-320L reboot to temporarily restore service)
  • [Bug] P2P - Newly added torrents don't start automatically even if option is checked
  • [Bug] Scheduling - Power-On scheduling feature often does not work [Issue reported by multiple owners]

Wishlist Items Addressed by D-Link (Thank you!)

• [Bug] General - CPU utilization often hangs at 100% although no process intensive services seem to be running [FIXED!]

sbrbot

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #167 on: January 26, 2013, 08:48:58 AM »

I'd like to have on NAS one simple Audio/Video transcoder. For example this transcoder could be based on mencoder/ffmpeg with web interface. OK, I know very well, video (trans)coding requires a lot of processing power that such a NAS lacks but it has a lot of time for slow transcoding.

KVL

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #168 on: January 27, 2013, 07:20:24 AM »

Hi,

Is this just a wish list, or is anyone actually working on a new firmware (which is soon to be released)?

Regards, K

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #169 on: January 28, 2013, 04:30:06 AM »

I'd like to have on NAS one simple Audio/Video transcoder. For example this transcoder could be based on mencoder/ffmpeg with web interface. OK, I know very well, video (trans)coding requires a lot of processing power that such a NAS lacks but it has a lot of time for slow transcoding.

Added...

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #170 on: January 28, 2013, 04:33:09 AM »

Hi,

Is this just a wish list, or is anyone actually working on a new firmware (which is soon to be released)?

Regards, K

This list is a wishlist assembled by the D-Link user community. D-Link monitors the content on these boards and is aware of the wishlists for the DNS-320L and other products.  That said, D-Link is working on new firmware for the DNS-320L, but this wishlist does not necessarily reflect what functionality D-Link will choose to add in their next release.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #171 on: January 28, 2013, 04:34:27 AM »

The following DNS-320L Firmware Wishlist contains the collective contribution of the DNS-320L D-Link forum community. If you would like to contribute to this list, please post your suggestions as a reply to this thread.

Below is a summary of everyone's input thus far. Please let me know if I over-generalized, misrepresented, or overlooked anyone's concerns and I'll refresh the list with updates. Recent additions/changes are highlighted in blue. Items addressed on the latest firmware are striked out.

If any items in the wishlist were fixed by the latest firmware, please post and I'll update!

DNS-320L Wishlist

• General - Ability to create accounts in the HTTP/FTP download application for downloadss (rather than reinserting the username, password, and hostname combination for each download)
  • General - Ability to select and download multiple files from a remote location
  • General - Automatically generate a unique name for each "Configuration Settings" file generated by the system using a date/time stamp (rather than the generic name, "backup"
  • General - Automatically refresh the current folder/file view after P2P download completes or media is copied to a shared folder (rather than having to manually use "Refresh All")
  • General - Contents of deeply nested folders (e.g. 10 levels deep) are not displayed while browsing
  • General - Dynamically updating progress bar for Web UI file moving and copying (rather than the static window that remains frozen and closes when the job completes)
  • General - Improved Browser Support (e.g. "My Photos" doesn't work properly with Chrome)
  • General - Include an onboard audio/video transcoder (e.g. based on mencoder/ffmpeg with a web interface)
  • General - HDDs pre-formatted with EXT4 are forced to reformat upon first use (problematic for users lacking storage space to displace/offload data during the format process)
  • General - Add dual window Explorer type application to easily move/copy folder/files NAS to NAS, USB to NAS, and NAS to USB
  • General - Remove the 2GB file size constraint for downloads via the web interface
  • Backup - Support for additional services: FTP server, Amazon Glacier, Google Drive, Microsoft Sky Drive, and Dropbox
  • Backup - Support for remote backup to Linux (i.e. ability to use non-standard ports rather than the standard port 22)
  • GUI - Move id="Menu_List" on the top bar after id="my_management" in all web pages
  • GUI - Utilization line on graph is difficult to see (yellow line on a white background)
  • Fan Control - Custom fan control with more granularity than low and high (i.e. extend speed control lower than the preset "Low", with more intermediate levels extending to "High": 10%, 20%, 30%. . . .100%)
  • Fan Control - Option to automatically toggle between Off and Low depending on the system temperature
  • Fan Control - Option to select minimum temperature threshold to throttle the fan speed to Low and high
  • iTunes - iTunes server movie sharing support
  • mydlink - Ability to manage rights when connected via mydlink (mydlink currently provides global rights to all files)
  • P2P - Add copy/move function from P2P volume to Volume_1 and USB storage locations
  • P2P - Ability to select specific sub-files within a torrent file for download (rather than download all files within the torrent)
  • P2P - Ability to add/edit tracker list (i.e. add peers and select file in .torrent to download)
  • P2P - Add option to specify download location (volume and folder)
  • P2P - Adding a P2P download via the iPhone is problematic due to prolonged page refresh
  • P2P - Ability to control the quantity of connections and simultaneous downloads
  • P2P - Automatically sort completed torrents at the end of the seeds list
  • P2P - eDonkey support
  • P2P - Full bandwidth is not utilized for downloads
  • P2P - Moving files from the P2P folder to another location does not always index correctly (i.e. files sometimes have to be moved back to P2P and "re-moved" for the system to recognize the new file)
  • P2P - Option to increase the number of torrents listed per page (e.g. dropdown menu with 10, 20, 50, and 100)
  • P2P - Support for magnet link
  • P2P - Support for magnet links
  • Security - Option to block "anonymous" from accessing external USB storage via FTP
  • UPnP - Automatic refresh for UpNP shares (rather than logging into the Web UI and performing a manual refresh)
  • UPnP - Option to set the max-age of the UPnP server to change the lifetime SSDP announcement, improving compatibility with smart TV DLNA servers.
  • USB - Ability to start USB backup/sync from the GUI without pressing the physical button on the DNS-320L
  • [Bug] General - CPU utilization often hangs at 100% although no process intensive services seem to be running
  • [Bug] P2P - Inability to resume a torrent that is stopped (rather than paused)
  • [Bug] P2P - Intermittent P2P client freezing (requires DNS-320L reboot to temporarily restore service)
  • [Bug] P2P - Newly added torrents don't start automatically even if option is checked
  • [Bug] Scheduling - Power-On scheduling feature often does not work [Issue reported by multiple owners]

• [Bug] General - CPU utilization often hangs at 100% although no process intensive services seem to be running [FIXED!]

marse

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #172 on: January 30, 2013, 01:19:26 AM »

Not sure if this is the right place but:

-User/group right management for applications (p2p)
-Custom admin username support (I donīt like that everyone knows what is admin account username)
« Last Edit: January 30, 2013, 01:21:29 AM by marse »

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #173 on: January 30, 2013, 08:26:41 AM »

Not sure if this is the right place but:

-User/group right management for applications (p2p)
-Custom admin username support (I donīt like that everyone knows what is admin account username)

Added...

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #174 on: January 30, 2013, 08:29:38 AM »

DNS-320L Wishlist

• General - Custom named "admin" account (rather than using the default "admin" username)
  • General - Include an onboard audio/video transcoder (e.g. based on mencoder/ffmpeg with a web interface)
  • App - iTunes - iTunes server movie sharing support
  • App - P2P - Add copy/move function from P2P volume to Volume_1 and USB storage locations
  • App - P2P - Ability to select specific sub-files within a torrent file for download (rather than download all files within the torrent)
  • App - P2P - Ability to add/edit tracker list (i.e. add peers and select file in .torrent to download)
  • App - P2P - Add option to specify download location (volume and folder)
  • App - P2P - Adding a P2P download via the iPhone is problematic due to prolonged page refresh
  • App - P2P - Ability to control the quantity of connections and simultaneous downloads
  • App - P2P - Automatically sort completed torrents at the end of the seeds list
  • App - P2P - eDonkey support
  • App - P2P - Full bandwidth is not utilized for downloads
  • App - P2P - Moving files from the P2P folder to another location does not always index correctly (i.e. files sometimes must be moved to P2P and "re-moved" for the system to recognize the new file)
  • App - P2P - Option to increase the number of torrents listed per page (e.g. dropdown menu with 10, 20, 50, and 100)
  • App - P2P - Support for magnet link
  • App - P2P - Support for magnet links
  • App - P2P - User/Group rights management
  • USB - Ability to start USB backup/sync from GUI without pressing the physical button on the DNS-320L

« Last Edit: January 30, 2013, 08:31:17 AM by JavaLawyer »

sbrbot

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #175 on: January 30, 2013, 02:34:01 PM »

DLNA compliant multimedia streaming server supporting external subtitles (*.srt, *.sub)!

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #176 on: January 30, 2013, 07:31:35 PM »

DLNA compliant multimedia streaming server supporting external subtitles (*.srt, *.sub)!

Added...

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #177 on: January 30, 2013, 07:33:02 PM »

DNS-320L Wishlist

• General - Custom named "admin" account (rather than using the default "admin" username)
  • DLNA - Compliant subtitle support(i.e. *.srt, *.sub)
  • App - iTunes - iTunes server movie sharing support
  • App - P2P - Add copy/move function from P2P volume to Volume_1 and USB storage locations
  • App - P2P - Ability to select specific sub-files within a torrent file for download (rather than download all files within the torrent)
  • App - P2P - Ability to add/edit tracker list (i.e. add peers and select file in .torrent to download)
  • App - P2P - Add option to specify download location (volume and folder)
  • App - P2P - Adding a P2P download via the iPhone is problematic due to prolonged page refresh
  • App - P2P - Ability to control the quantity of connections and simultaneous downloads
  • App - P2P - Automatically sort completed torrents at the end of the seeds list
  • App - P2P - eDonkey support
  • App - P2P - Full bandwidth is not utilized for downloads
  • App - P2P - Moving files from the P2P folder to another location does not always index correctly (i.e. files sometimes must be moved to P2P and "re-moved" for the system to recognize the new file)
  • App - P2P - Option to increase the number of torrents listed per page (e.g. dropdown menu with 10, 20, 50, and 100)
  • App - P2P - Support for magnet link
  • App - P2P - Support for magnet links
  • App - P2P - User/Group rights management
  • USB - Ability to start USB backup/sync from GUI without pressing the physical button on the DNS-320L

sbrbot

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #178 on: January 31, 2013, 12:06:29 AM »

At the moment there's an integration with Amazon's cloud service S3. S3 is commercial cloud storage service offering first 5GB for free. However, I'd like to have the similar functionality in my NAS for Dropbox cloud storage service (because it is the most popular one these days - not to mention Google Drive and Microsoft's SkyDrive).

So, my wish is - Dropbox integration. 

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #179 on: January 31, 2013, 04:45:46 AM »

At the moment there's an integration with Amazon's cloud service S3. S3 is commercial cloud storage service offering first 5GB for free. However, I'd like to have the similar functionality in my NAS for Dropbox cloud storage service (because it is the most popular one these days - not to mention Google Drive and Microsoft's SkyDrive).

So, my wish is - Dropbox integration. 

Added...
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 32