• May 18, 2024, 12:31:03 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 32

Author Topic: DNS-320L - Firmware Wishlist  (Read 489167 times)

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
Re: DNS-320L - Firmware Wishlist
« Reply #45 on: November 14, 2012, 06:12:51 AM »

I see. I dont expect an exact release date , only a circa time period, we have to wait. So days, weeks, months, or a few months? What do you think?

All of the above. I've seen releases that were weeks apart, and I've also seen releases that were many many months apart. Hard to say.
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #46 on: November 14, 2012, 06:13:37 AM »

The following DNS-320L Firmware Wishlist contains the collective contribution of the DNS-320L D-Link forum community. If you would like to contribute to this list, please post your suggestions as a reply to this thread.

Below is a summary of everyone's input thus far. Please let me know if I over-generalized, misrepresented, or overlooked anyone's concerns and I'll refresh the list with updates. Recent additions/changes are highlighted in blue. Items addressed on the latest firmware are striked out.

If any items in the wishlist were fixed by the latest firmware, please post and I'll update!

DNS-320L Wishlist

• General - Improve Web UI responsiveness (sluggish performance)
  • General - HDDs preformatted with EXT4 are forced to reformat upon first use (problematic for users lacking storage space to displace/offload data during the format process)
  • General - Option to auto-unzip compressed files following download completion
  • General - Option to manually set fan speed on Low (all the time)
  • General - Option to select minimum temperature threshold to throttle the fan speed to Low and high
  • General - Power on/off on a schedule and/or system idle
  • General - Remove the 2GB file size constraint for downloads via the web interface.
  • General - Wake on LAN support
  • Backup - Support for additional services: FTP server, Amazon Glacier, Google Drive, Microsoft Sky Drive, and Dropbox
  • GUI - Utilization line on graph is difficult to see (yellow line on a white background)
  • USB - Option to use the USB socket as a hots port
  • P2P - Ability to select specific sub-files within a torrent file for download (rather than download all files within the torrent)
  • P2P - Add option to specify download location (volume and folder)
  • P2P - Ability to control the quantity of connections and simultaneous downloads
  • P2P - Full bandwidth is not utilized for downloads
  • P2P - Increase maximum number of elements for onscreen display (Currently limited to 10)
  • P2P - Support for magnet links
  • UPnP - Support for streaming MKV files on a DLNA certified TV
  • [Bug] General - CPU utilization often hangs at 100% although no process intensive services seem to be running
  • [Bug] P2P - Inability to resume a torrent that is stopped (rather than paused)
  • [Bug] P2P - Intermittent P2P client freezing (requires DNS-320L reboot to temporarily restore service)
  • [Bug] P2P - Newly added torrents don't start automatically even if option is checked

Wishlist Items Addressed by D-Link (Thank you!)

• TBD

jbugel

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #47 on: November 14, 2012, 08:27:53 AM »

I'm not sure if this is a firmware thing for the NAS. i have a samsung tv that plays MKV as well, i'd love to see MKV support! My addition would be that the TV is able to play the .srt subtitle with the same name in the same folder. It works on programs like Serviio for instance, and with some programs it doesn't work..

Joan Garcia Camba

• Level 1 Member
Web file interface
« Reply #48 on: November 14, 2012, 10:53:51 AM »

Could be a great idea a web browser to move files between folders, not only upload or download, copy and move from the datastore of the nas.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #49 on: November 14, 2012, 10:54:34 AM »

I'm not sure if this is a firmware thing for the NAS. i have a samsung tv that plays MKV as well, i'd love to see MKV support!

Try renaming the file extension ".mp4" and see if that works.

My addition would be that the TV is able to play the .srt subtitle with the same name in the same folder. It works on programs like Serviio for instance, and with some programs it doesn't work..

I could be wrong, but this sounds like an issue with the Media player reading the content.

priitv8

• Level 3 Member
Re: Web file interface
« Reply #50 on: November 14, 2012, 10:56:30 AM »

Could be a great idea a web browser to move files between folders, not only upload or download, copy and move from the datastore of the nas.
Ain't that a function of Web File Server app of the NAS?

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #51 on: November 14, 2012, 11:01:01 AM »

The following DNS-320L Firmware Wishlist contains the collective contribution of the DNS-320L D-Link forum community. If you would like to contribute to this list, please post your suggestions as a reply to this thread.

Below is a summary of everyone's input thus far. Please let me know if I over-generalized, misrepresented, or overlooked anyone's concerns and I'll refresh the list with updates. Recent additions/changes are highlighted in blue. Items addressed on the latest firmware are striked out.

If any items in the wishlist were fixed by the latest firmware, please post and I'll update!

DNS-320L Wishlist

• General - HDDs preformatted with EXT4 are forced to reformat upon first use (problematic for users lacking storage space to displace/offload data during the format process)
  • General - Option to manually set fan speed on Low (all the time)
  • General - Option to select minimum temperature threshold to throttle the fan speed to Low and high
  • General - Remove the 2GB file size constraint for downloads via the web interface.
  • Backup - Support for additional services: FTP server, Amazon Glacier, Google Drive, Microsoft Sky Drive, and Dropbox
  • GUI - Utilization line on graph is difficult to see (yellow line on a white background)
  • P2P - Ability to select specific sub-files within a torrent file for download (rather than download all files within the torrent)
  • P2P - Ability to control the quantity of connections and simultaneous downloads
  • P2P - Increase maximum number of elements for onscreen display (Currently limited to 10)
  • [Bug] General - CPU utilization often hangs at 100% although no process intensive services seem to be running
  • [Bug] P2P - Inability to resume a torrent that is stopped (rather than paused)
  • [Bug] P2P - Intermittent P2P client freezing (requires DNS-320L reboot to temporarily restore service)
  • [Bug] P2P - Newly added torrents don't start automatically even if option is checked

• TBD

o33yto

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #52 on: November 15, 2012, 04:45:37 AM »

Oh, so you mean an Auto function that toggles between Off and Low depending on the system temperature?

That is correct.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #53 on: November 15, 2012, 05:09:47 AM »

Oh, so you mean an Auto function that toggles between Off and Low depending on the system temperature?

That is correct.

Added...  ;)

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #54 on: November 15, 2012, 05:10:54 AM »

DNS-320L Wishlist

• General - HDDs pre-formatted with EXT4 are forced to reformat upon first use (problematic for users lacking storage space to displace/offload data during the format process)
  • General - Remove the 2GB file size constraint for downloads via the web interface
  • Fan Control - Option to automatically toggle between Off and Low depending on the system temperature
  • Fan Control - Option to manually set fan speed to Low (all the time)
  • Fan Control - Option to select minimum temperature threshold to throttle the fan speed to Low and high

• TBD
« Last Edit: November 15, 2012, 06:31:43 AM by JavaLawyer »

amirza

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #55 on: November 16, 2012, 05:41:56 AM »

Hi,

I have got an observation on Network Shares and anonymous user FTP access.

I know the default settings for network shares is that all accounts including "anonymous" can access using FTP. But, you can modify that and allow specific users to access via FTP.

However, when I plugged in an external USB drive, I am unable to modify its network shares settings. Therefore, "anonymous" user can by default access my external USB drive via FTP. I couldn't find a way to block that.

Is it a bug or am I missing something? If you can, can someone please advise how to put a blockage? Or by default stop "anonymous" user FTP access on all network shares?

If it is a bug or there's no way of doing this, I believe it's a real security threat and kills the purpose of plugging in external USB drive as you can't then restrict the access.

Thanks

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #56 on: November 16, 2012, 05:48:43 AM »

Hi,

I have got an observation on Network Shares and anonymous user FTP access.

I know the default settings for network shares is that all accounts including "anonymous" can access using FTP. But, you can modify that and allow specific users to access via FTP.

However, when I plugged in an external USB drive, I am unable to modify its network shares settings. Therefore, "anonymous" user can by default access my external USB drive via FTP. I couldn't find a way to block that.

Is it a bug or am I missing something? If you can, can someone please advise how to put a blockage? Or by default stop "anonymous" user FTP access on all network shares?

If it is a bug or there's no way of doing this, I believe it's a real security threat and kills the purpose of plugging in external USB drive as you can't then restrict the access.

I wouldn't necessarily call this a bug, but rather a feature request. Added to the list...
If anyone does know of a way to circumvent this please post here and I'll remove from the wishlist.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #57 on: November 16, 2012, 05:52:31 AM »

DNS-320L Wishlist

• General - HDDs pre-formatted with EXT4 are forced to reformat upon first use (problematic for users lacking storage space to displace/offload data during the format process)
  • General - Remove the 2GB file size constraint for downloads via the web interface
  • Fan Control - Option to automatically toggle between Off and Low depending on the system temperature
  • Fan Control - Option to manually set fan speed to Low (all the time)
  • Fan Control - Option to select minimum temperature threshold to throttle the fan speed to Low and high
  • Security - Option to block "anonymous" from accessing external USB storage via FTP

• TBD

mastrolindo10

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #58 on: November 20, 2012, 02:34:00 AM »

Ability to change the max-age for the uPnP server to change the lifetime SSDP announcement improving compatibility with the DLNA server of some smart TV
D-Link DNS-320L

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #59 on: November 20, 2012, 04:42:05 AM »

Ability to change the max-age for the uPnP server to change the lifetime SSDP announcement improving compatibility with the DLNA server of some smart TV

Added...
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 32