• March 29, 2024, 07:11:15 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: WMP12 converts files(blocky video) to DSM-510  (Read 5152 times)

starman65

• Level 1 Member
WMP12 converts files(blocky video) to DSM-510
« on: December 26, 2009, 05:49:14 AM »

Hi!
I had a DSM-510 up and running successfully on my Vista 32-bits pc, with ESET Smart security antivirus/firewall. Then i decided to install Windows 7 (64 bits) on my computer, and also installed the ESET Smart Security  (64 bits) client.
Suddenly i could not share media longer to my DSM.510. I eventually remembered it must be the ESET Smart Security that was the problem (again). So i disabled the firewall in ESET Smart Security, and enabled the firewall in Windows 7. Now i could share media and play it on my DSM-510.
Only one weird thing was that the media i played from my Windows 7 pc, now was blocky or pixelated.
It somehow not only streamed the video, but it seems to have converted it, downsized. Since it also didnt fully cover the sreen on my tv, as it used to do. I tested with some old tv episodes (CSI), that i had previously seen on the DSM-510.
Anyone with some ideas, to what i can do to fix this. Must i setup Windows 7 in some way, to prevent file conversion or something?

ECF

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
Re: WMP12 converts files(blocky video) to DSM-510
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2009, 03:08:29 PM »

Can you provide some details on the videos having this issue? Type, Software used to create, settings used?
Never forget that only dead fish swim with the stream

Robizz

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2010, 01:21:59 AM »

ye I have the same problem!
with win xp pro picture on movies was awsome and now with win 7 I can se the pixels on movies when i stream from my pc! its realy anoying and dont know whats wrong...
anyone who knows how to fix this prob plz help

westfielder

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2010, 11:34:57 AM »

Same problem here.

It gets better if you do a windows performance check (right click 'my computer')

I find that mpg2, files stream great, I huess no transcoding - but divx files that used to work fine on wmp11 are being forcibly transcoded with quality loss.
I can't find out how to force the transcoding to be off

Anyone got any ideas please

Thanks