• April 19, 2024, 07:56:43 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: 2 Cameras and 2 DDNS addresses but directing to only one camera  (Read 4102 times)

rainersip

• Level 1 Member
2 Cameras and 2 DDNS addresses but directing to only one camera
« on: January 22, 2012, 02:13:45 AM »

Hi there, I have 2 932L and have each one of them registered to a dedicated dlinkddns.com address. When I try to access the cam from a different network both addresses ended up directing to one cam. Can someone give me a hand? Thanks in advance.

santhy

• Level 2 Member
Re: 2 Cameras and 2 DDNS addresses but directing to only one camera
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2012, 03:01:44 PM »

Are both camera setup on the same port?
Is NAT correctly configured on your router?

rolf_w

• Level 1 Member
Re: 2 Cameras and 2 DDNS addresses but directing to only one camera
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2012, 03:26:50 PM »

I had to solve a similar issue with my two PV-inverters (including a web-ui and a datalogger) for remote daq. I connect both inverters in my LAN to the router D-Link 2641B which is connecting to the WAN with a single dynamic IP which my ISP changes once a day. Here my setup and solution:

In order to connect to both PV-inverters over the WAN using this single web address, use ports and setup 'port forwarding' in the router. I assigned port 8080 to PV-inverter 1 and port 8081 to PV-inverter 2, i.e.:

• Activate the DynDNS client (the ddns menue offers several clients). Enter the (free) webaddress e.g. myaddress.dyndns.org (+login).
  • forward WAN address 'myaddress.dyndns.org:8080' to LAN address e.g. '192:168:000:100'  port 80 (as the inverter 1 is fixed to port 80)
  • forward WAN address 'myaddress.dyndns.org:8081' to LAN address e.g. '192:168:000:101' port 80 (as the inverter 2 is fixed to port 80)

Adressing in my browser http://myaddress.dyndns.org:8080 shows now the web UI of inverter 1.
You could refine this further using WebHop an cloaking options in dyndns.

hope this helps, r

My problem is that my router does not update the IP address at dyndns, thus I loose connection every day. I have installed a dyndns client on a PC in the LAN which works fine, however I have this PC running only sporadically.