• March 29, 2024, 04:53:01 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Saving motion images to laptop  (Read 3729 times)

wireless911

• Level 1 Member
Saving motion images to laptop
« on: October 23, 2013, 02:47:47 AM »

Hi,

Is it possible to save all motion images from the 932L camera to my laptop's hard drive without having to use the D-Viewcam software?

I noticed that there is a FTP setting option in the camera's administration utility and wonder why this can't be set to save the video files to my laptop instead of some internet site/server.

I asked customer support while they were helping me set up the camera to detect motion but they didn't know anything about that option. Said the only way was to use email or the D-Viewcam software but I wanted to be able to use the motion detection feature without having to be connected online or adding another utility to run in the background of my laptops operating system. The additional software actually hasn't made much of a performance difference on the laptop but having one less program running can't hurt neither.

« Last Edit: October 23, 2013, 03:15:45 AM by wireless911 »

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
Re: Saving motion images to laptop
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2013, 08:40:01 AM »

Unfortunately, without the aid of a client-side application running on your laptop, the only way to dynamically port images from motion detection events is via email or FTP.
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

RYAT3

• Level 10 Member
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2013, 04:58:54 PM »

Hi,

Is it possible to save all motion images from the 932L camera to my laptop's hard drive without having to use the D-Viewcam software?

I noticed that there is a FTP setting option in the camera's administration utility and wonder why this can't be set to save the video files to my laptop instead of some internet site/server.

Install filezilla ftp server on your laptop

https://filezilla-project.org/

acellier

• Level 4 Member
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2013, 01:29:27 PM »

If using a Mac, you can easily set up a local ftp server with php using MAMP ...
www.mamp.info/

RYAT3

• Level 10 Member
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2013, 07:35:22 PM »

If using a Mac, you can easily set up a local ftp server with php using MAMP ...
www.mamp.info/

I also like iUSBport (formerly cloudftp).

Could go really cheap with raspberrypi, but you have some more work to do.