• April 18, 2024, 11:31:39 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Stop auto-loading D-Link TV  (Read 4042 times)

islanddreamer

• Level 1 Member
Stop auto-loading D-Link TV
« on: October 12, 2008, 07:52:56 PM »

Using this product with the ActiveTV media player is an exercise in frustration, as most "channels" don't work and the one I was most interested in receiving (Hulu) isn't even listed.

The only thing that comes in obnoxiously loud and clear all the time is D-Link TV.  Why is this set to play continuously?  Downloading all these videos must be occupying a ton of bandwidth.  Have I missed the setting for shutting these off?

I've had better luck using the PlayOn server (at least Hulu works), but I was originally attracted to the graphical interface offered by ActiveTV.

taoofchas

• Level 1 Member
Re: Stop auto-loading D-Link TV
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2008, 11:43:19 AM »

Why this plays continuously is obvious - free advertising to offset the cost of the software. Why you can't turn it off - see the first comment.

But I agree that the feature makes active-tv almost useless. Once the video starts streaming, performance slows to a crawl such that you can hardly select another channel. I've noticed that this is implemented as flash or shockwave on a repeat loop. Maybe we could block the protocol somehow.

But I would ask the developers: Please Allow us to turn it off with the remote. Or at least stop it playing when I select another area. Currently I get streaming sound even while negotiating other sites.

« Last Edit: October 24, 2008, 11:44:56 AM by taoofchas »

chenrikson

• Level 1 Member
Re: Stop auto-loading D-Link TV
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2008, 07:27:43 AM »

I have discussed this very issue with MediaMall, the creators of Active-TV.  We tried a few things to kill the commercial, but they didn't work.  One suggestion that does work is to pause the commercial and then go do something else.  Hulu does work in Active-TV.  Contact Tracy at Media Mall for the instructions about how to add HULU - or go look on the DSM-520 forum on AVS forums -- the directions are there too.