• March 28, 2024, 09:17:30 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Dir-1750 Random Unexplained Reboots  (Read 5511 times)

Romasurus

• Level 1 Member
Dir-1750 Random Unexplained Reboots
« on: December 11, 2021, 08:44:01 AM »

WI-FI Router DIR-1750-US - S/N TM19105000724 - H/W Ver A1 F/W Ver 1.11
This is a replacement for the last new DIR-1750 that I had. The last one was locked in an endless loop of rebooting.
So, the replacement arrived on 12/05 and I set it up and got it running at - 12/05/21 at 10:15 AM
Everything was going well until I noticed that the, “Connection Uptime: monitor on the D-Link Web interface, Home page had been restarted counting up from 000. Looking at the time that I had observed the reset I calculated the reboot had taken place at approximately 12/07/21 at 10:49 PM.
I have been making it a practice to log into the D-Link Web Interface several times a day to see if I can pinpoint the reason for these reboots.
Today, my system backup was interrupted by a reboot 12/11/21 at 08:38 AM
It should be noted that after the setup and each reboot, I downloaded the system log files. I currently have 3 log files. I cant make heads oy tails of the Log Files but I have them.
This is very frustrating.

Romasurus

• Level 1 Member
Re: Dir-1750 Random Unexplained Reboots
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2022, 08:50:27 PM »

I have managed to solve the problem to some extent. After trouble shooting all of the possible causes, I.E. power connections, equipment placement, RFI from close equipment and so on and so forth, I replaced the Spectrum Modem with a new Modem. My original unit was around 20 years old. Anyhow the new unit is a different model and MFG. That had no effect on the problem. Still got the reboots. As a last resort I called D-Link Support and I was surprised to get connected to a live person with only a 15  minute wait. The female ( JEWELL ) had an oriental accent but had quite understandable english. She made me go through alot of the trouble shooting that I had already done. Then, she had me go to the INTERNET - IPV6 section of the Web Interface. Then she had me change the DEFAULT setting in "My Internet Connection Is" from IPV6-Auto Detection to IPV6-Local Connectivity Only. The unit has now been running for 15 days without a reboot. This did fix the problem but now I apparently have no IPV6.