• April 23, 2024, 04:22:37 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Can not copy files to or delete from Dlink-321- non sufficent permission  (Read 5353 times)

joebrod13

• Level 1 Member

Some time ago I noticed on my 321 NAS that there were certain files I could not delete. Such as DVD rips that I am finished with.  It would say "The operation can't be completed because you don't have permission to access some of the items".  I created a folder to simply keep these undeletable files in it.

The folder finally reached approx 15GB so nI decided to wipe the drives and start over.  I copied the files to my Mac and reformatted the drives. Now I get the same error while recopying files back over to the 321.  It will copy a few files then I get the same message - no permission

if I try and delete what was already on there it gives me the same  message - I don't have permissions.

I am on a Mac using snow leopard.  I even tried using Leopard and I still get the same error.  Any mac on the network gives me the same issue.  I've been at this for days and I'm at my wits end on what to do.  I've reformatted the drives multiple times, set the 321 to factory defaults, tried adding different users, nothing seems to fix it - repaired permissions on my mac, etc

any ideas this is my itunes /movies server so i am on the verge of just buying a replacement, not a Dlink

jackbreuer

• Level 1 Member
Mac Finder cannot copy files on D-Link NAS 321 fw v1.03
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2010, 07:57:33 PM »

I experience a comparable issue when I try to use Finder (Snow Leopard) to copy files on the NAS. During this copy operation the Mac Finder wants to create certain files that cannot be written to the NAS. When saving files normally from Mac applications I have no issues.

apeck

• Level 1 Member

This is most likely due to hidden files (ie. '.DS_Store'). Remove them from the directories you are trying to copy.
find <directory> -name '.*' -ok rm {} \;

Additionally OS X creates these files when opening folders on remote volumes. To prevent the creation of these files, open the Terminal and type:
defaults write com.apple.desktopservices DSDontWriteNetworkStores true
« Last Edit: April 26, 2010, 06:42:34 AM by apeck »

repke95

• Level 1 Member

I've only had my mac for a few month but I seem to have the same problem.  What program do I type the instructions from the first paragraph?