• April 19, 2024, 12:43:01 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: For those of us with A1 versions...  (Read 11144 times)

NKYadav

• Level 2 Member
For those of us with A1 versions...
« on: August 02, 2009, 11:10:35 PM »

...And who were not selected to assist in beta testing A2 hardware, is there any way to get D-Link to replace these units with A2 under warranty?  Mine is under warranty anyway as I purchased it in Jan '09, but others are not so lucky....

It seems that the A2 router users are not clamoring as much about the routers and issues with the routes as A1 users are, and since I have had so much downtime (which, in point of fact, is a lot less than most people as my router was lasting me 6-8 days on previous firmware) I think it is only fair if they replace the unit with a NEW A2 router....

Any ideas other than just calling Support directly?

AaronDM

• Level 1 Member
Re: For those of us with A1 versions...
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2009, 11:14:41 PM »

Call up the RMA department and tell them about this and they will replace it for you. It worked for me.

If they refuse, file a complaint with the BBB, that seems to get their attention.

As for the A2, its working good other than that high pitched sound I get...getting annoying though.

NKYadav

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2009, 04:23:23 PM »

Thanks for that.  I am not happy with the performance anymore, as it still drops on me, and School starts Monday - in my senior year and I cannot afford between my projects and my work.

splattered

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2009, 10:05:24 PM »

I understand you guys are pretty upset... i'm having the same problems as everyone else.

I see that there is a class action lawsuit now? Sheesh..

Has D-Link come right out and said that there won't be a fix for this thing?

rileyper

• Level 1 Member
    • Twitter
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2009, 01:39:30 PM »

a1 and still suffering :( it was working great for 2 days, but now its becoming daily again, i'm trying the fan trick, to see how it can go (to really see if it is a heating problem)

pittaman

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2009, 11:47:56 PM »

I just started school again this term in what could be my Sr. year as well - I'll be calling Dlink Monday to let them know whats going on... If I can't get an A2 out of them, I'll definately be looking up info on the lawsuit and sending in a complaint to the 3B...

Puffnstuff

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2009, 06:10:16 AM »

Personally I've noticed that my a2 runs cooler than my a1 did.  I use a raytek infrared thermometer to monitor the temps on it and my new one is cooler than the original unit.  I originally had mine wall mounted but I removed it to the stand and isolated it so the airflow is not blocked to it so allow heat to escape from it.  I'm beginning to believe that d-link should've added a cooling fan to this unit to help keep it stable.

mcannon-gso

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2009, 11:06:10 AM »

Last week I went ahead and placed a complaint with the BBB about D-Link and my 2year problem with the A1 unit. Today I received the NEW replacement A2. So contacting the BBB does work if D-Link won't work with you first....

I have a copy of the 1.16 firmware, however I will leave it at 1.12 to see how this works..

Does anyone rememeber what the issues were with the 1.12 firmware?
Can anyone tell me what i will gain using the 1.16b3 firmware?

Thanks in advance for your time...

--mcannon-gso

Snoopy

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2009, 11:12:24 AM »

If you haven't opened the box, I would put it on eBay and sell it. Then you can use the money to get a router that works without all the drama.

If you are going to use the Shareport, you will need the 1.13 FW or higher (1.15).

LookIntoMyEyees

• Level 5 Member
  • Let me lend you a hand & solutions shall follow.
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2009, 12:37:09 PM »

How do i contact the bbb?
Did I Help? If So, Say So! ShHHhh!, Just LookIntoMyEyees! No one is perfect, we all make mistakes.

Snoopy

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2009, 02:42:13 PM »

http://www.la.bbb.org/Business-Report/D-Link-Systems-Incorporated-13033848

Ru-Fi-Oh

« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2009, 03:01:04 PM »

Guys if you have a complaint to make do it somewhere else or contact our Customer Service at 800-326-1688 ext 6314.

On a side note if any of you are willing for us to send an engineer to your location please let us know in another thread. http://forums.dlink.com/index.php?topic=7690.0

Simon

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2009, 09:12:44 PM »

Instead of starting a new thread I figured I would post here.

I have the A1 version with the 1.21NA firmware. The only problem its given me is having to power cycle it a couple times over the past few weeks. That was the only problem until last night. I'm not a gamer but went with this model since all the reviews praise it as being the best. Plus I liked all of its features.

I'm working on a web file sharing server project and last night went to setup the software side of things. The softwares automatic network configuration couldn't detect this router. It says that it can't find a UPnP enabled router even though UPnP is enabled. Ok no big deal I thought and manually set it up for port forwarding and what not. All was ok until I tried to setup DDNS. The software exclaimed that it requires an UPnP enabled router and couldn't find one. I then tried accessing the file server by using its WAN I.P. address and it wouldn't work either. I got told it was a router issue and I came to the site here to email tech support when I decided to check out the forums. Much to my horror I read all of these threads.

My question is if I bought the A2 hardware version of this router would that make a difference you think or is it not worth it? Another option I was considering is getting another model D-link or a Linksys WRT610N but the reviews aren't as favorable. I can't be spending hundreds of dollars trying different gigabit routers until I find one that works with my software so I just would like to hear some suggestions.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2009, 09:15:54 PM by Simon »

Puffnstuff

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2009, 04:23:50 AM »

Well I would suggest that you go to a network builder oriented site and read their reviews of routers.  Being on a specific manufacturers website will give you biased results.