• March 29, 2024, 06:27:47 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Two Way Audio (Experiences?)  (Read 3404 times)

BerndK

• Level 1 Member
Two Way Audio (Experiences?)
« on: January 17, 2014, 01:45:09 AM »

Hallo,

are there any experiences with the 942L regarding the two way audio feature, esp. sound quality, delay etc?

I would like to arrange a cam in front of my house. When someone rings the doorbell, I want to be able to see through my smartphone who is it and optionally communicate with him.

Thanks in advance.
BerndK

DRZ

• Level 2 Member
Re: Two Way Audio (Experiences?)
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2014, 04:58:33 AM »

Works well when using it from a smart phone. Had some problems from the web interface, but I did not test it extensively. There is an 1 second delay, if this does not bother you. When you talk you cannot listen at the same time. Also, it is best to have an amplified speaker for higher volumes. If you connect a small speaker directly to the speaker output, you will find that the volume level is not sufficient.

BerndK

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2014, 08:40:35 AM »

Do you tested with a router in between or directly (adhoc-mode)? When I hear the doorbell, I think I have to establish a wifi connection to the camera first. How long will this take approxmately? Do I have to type login/password first or does a button push on a http-link is enough. Thanks again.

DRZ

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2014, 10:13:36 AM »

You can use your smartphone or iPad with dlink light. It is a free app. If you hear your doorbell and you have your iPhone handy, connect to the mydlink via the app, go to the camera and enable the two way audio by taping on the microphone in the app. This can take up to 10 sec, depending on your Internet connection and your smartphone speed. You can certainly time it to see how long it would take you.