• March 28, 2024, 06:01:02 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 19

Author Topic: DCS-942L - Firmware Wishlist  (Read 517120 times)

Joe Public

• Level 2 Member
Re: DCS-942 - Firmware Wishlist
« Reply #75 on: August 13, 2012, 12:48:32 PM »

• General - Retain date/time following a power outage
To do this, the CAM should have a built-in battery (otherwise I misunderstood).

• Night Mode - Ability to adjust the light level required to trigger the transition between Day and Night Modes
The DCS-942L should have also a time schedule to trigger between day and night modes in the same way as DCS-2230 cam (Schedule Mode : The camera will enter Day mode at the starting time and return to Night mode at the ending time).

• Recording Video - Option in SETUP > Video Clip > Trigger by to configure different start/end times for each day
Also on pages "Setup -> Snapshot -> Trigger by" and "Setup -> SD Recording -> Trigger by" to configure different start/end times for each day of the week.

• Time - NTP not functioning properly (issue reported by multiple users)
Solved on 1.12 firmware release (see thread on "http://forums.dlink.com/index.php?topic=50206.0")
Italian User

1 x DNS-325 (NAS) - Fw 1.04b05
1 x DCS-942L (IP Cam) - Fw 1.23.3404
1 x DCS-2230 (Full-HD IP Cam) - Fw 1.20.00
1 x DCS-5222L (HD PTZ cam) - Fw 1.12.3404
2 x DHP-501AV (500 mbps Power-Line kit)
1 x DGS-1005D (5-Port Gigabit Switch)
1 x DGS-1008D (8-Port Gigabit Switch)

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #76 on: August 13, 2012, 01:00:02 PM »

• General - Retain date/time following a power outage
To do this, the CAM should have a built-in battery (otherwise I misunderstood).

I should probably remove this one. This item relates back to the NTP issue, which is already on the list.

• Night Mode - Ability to adjust the light level required to trigger the transition between Day and Night Modes
The DCS-942L should have also a time schedule to trigger between day and night modes in the same way as DCS-2230 cam (Schedule Mode : The camera will enter Day mode at the starting time and return to Night mode at the ending time).

Added...

• Recording Video - Option in SETUP > Video Clip > Trigger by to configure different start/end times for each day
Also on pages "Setup -> Snapshot -> Trigger by" and "Setup -> SD Recording -> Trigger by" to configure different start/end times for each day of the week.

Added...

• Time - NTP not functioning properly (issue reported by multiple users)
Solved on 1.12 firmware release (see thread on "http://forums.dlink.com/index.php?topic=50206.0")

Thanks. . . I'll label as resolved.  ;)
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #77 on: August 13, 2012, 01:05:14 PM »

Below is a summary of everyone's input thus far. Please let me know if I over generalized, misrepresented, or missed anyone's concerns and I'll refresh the list with updates. Recent items are highlighted in blue. Items fixed in the latest firmware update are striked out.

If any items in the wishlist were fixed by the latest firmware, please post and I'll update!

DCS-942L Wishlist

• General - Ability to accept user specified file/folder naming convention for image FTP, including the ability to overwrite images with the same file name)
  • General - Ability to view snapshot and video thumbnails
  • General - Add SMB server to access files on the SD card
  • Audio - Fix intermittent clicking/static
  • Audio - Set default audio to OFF for mydlink, mobile devices, and D-ViewCam
  • Audio - Fix feedback loop during thee first 5 seconds of startup
  • Email Notification - Ability to send email notifications to multiple email addresses
  • Email Notification - Emailing images when Trigger is set to "Motion" does not work properly (Conversely, when Trigger set to "Always", emailing images works as expected)
  • FTP - Add an FTP test button (similar to the DCS-932L)[/colo
  • Image - Ability to rotate image 90 and 270 degrees in addition to flip and mirror[
  • Motion Detection - Ability to set multiple motion zones, each with uniquely configurable sensitivities
  • Night Mode - Scheduled start and end times for entering/exiting night mode
  • Recording Video - Increased range for record time settings (i.e. recording video longer than the current 10 second maximum and eliminating the need to wait 30 seconds between snapshot bursts)
  • Recording Video - "Setup > SD Recording >Trigger by", add ability to configure different start/end times for each day of he week
  • Security - Ability to disable broadcasting of video/audio feed (i.e. to prevent potential hijacking of feed)
  • Security - Support for secure broadcasting of video/audio feed (SSL, HTTPS)
  • Snapshot - "Setup > Snapshot >Trigger by", add ability to configure different start/end times for each day of he week
  • Storage - Ability to access the on-board SD card via a folder

Wishlist Items Addressed by D-Link (Thank You!)

• Recording Video - Ability to capture a snapshot at the same time video is recorded [FIXED!]
  • Night Mode - Ability to disable IR Illuminator while the camera is in Night Mode (i.e. to enable application of a third party IR Illuminator) [FIXED!]
  • Time - NTP not functioning properly (issue reported by multiple users) [FIXED!]
  • Motion Detection - Motion detection indicator integrated in the web interface to more easily (and accurately) adjust sensitivity [FIXED!]
  • Email Notification - Ability to automatically send multiple snapshots in the same email (rather than separate emails for each snapshot) [FIXED!]
  • Email Notification - Add an email test button (similar to the DCS-932L) [FIXED!]
  • General - The web interface support page links to the Manderine language D-Link Taiwan site (http://www.dlinktw.com.tw/support/ [FIXED!]
  • General - Ability to disable all LED lights, including the rear of the DCS-942L [FIXED!]
  • Zoom - Change default zoom to center of image (rather than upper left corner) [FIXED!]
  • Email Notification - Ability to send 6 snapshots in one email (similar to the DCS-932L) [FIXED!]

JaCe

• Level 2 Member
Re: DCS-942L - Firmware Wishlist
« Reply #78 on: August 17, 2012, 06:44:53 AM »

Hi, great thread and thanks for keeping this organised. Is this the right or wrong place to ask for a toggle switch for night-mode (IR) on/off/auto on the iPhone/iPad apps for the 942L?
Proud owner of many mydlink cameras, SmartPlug and router!

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #79 on: August 17, 2012, 07:06:41 AM »

Hi, great thread and thanks for keeping this organised. Is this the right or wrong place to ask for a toggle switch for night-mode (IR) on/off/auto on the iPhone/iPad apps for the 942L?

Please place that request on the mydlink board wishlist: http://forums.dlink.com/index.php?topic=41091.0

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #80 on: August 17, 2012, 07:44:14 AM »

Below is a summary of everyone's input thus far. Please let me know if I over generalized, misrepresented, or missed anyone's concerns and I'll refresh the list with updates. Recent items are highlighted in blue. Items fixed in the latest firmware update are striked out.

If any items in the wishlist were fixed by the latest firmware, please post and I'll update!

DCS-942L Wishlist

• General - Ability to accept user specified file/folder naming convention for image FTP, including the ability to overwrite images with the same file name)
  • Email Notification - Ability to send email notifications to multiple email addresses
  • Email Notification - Emailing images when Trigger is set to "Motion" does not work properly (Conversely, when Trigger set to "Always", emailing images works as expected)
  • Image - Ability to rotate image 90 and 270 degrees in addition to flip and mirror[
  • Motion Detection - Ability to set multiple motion zones, each with uniquely configurable sensitivities
  • Recording Video - Increased range for record time settings (i.e. recording video longer than the current 10 second maximum and eliminating the need to wait 30 seconds between snapshot bursts)
  • Recording Video - "Setup > SD Recording >Trigger by", add ability to configure different start/end times for each day of he week
  • Security - Ability to disable broadcasting of video/audio feed (i.e. to prevent potential hijacking of feed)
  • Snapshot - "Setup > Snapshot >Trigger by", add ability to configure different start/end times for each day of he week

• Recording Video - Ability to capture a snapshot at the same time video is recorded [FIXED!]
  • Night Mode - Ability to disable IR Illuminator while the camera is in Night Mode (i.e. to enable application of a third party IR Illuminator) [FIXED!]
  • Time - NTP not functioning properly (issue reported by multiple users) [FIXED!]
  • Motion Detection - Motion detection indicator integrated in the web interface to more easily (and accurately) adjust sensitivity [FIXED!]
  • Email Notification - Ability to automatically send multiple snapshots in the same email (rather than separate emails for each snapshot) [FIXED!]
  • Email Notification - Add an email test button (similar to the DCS-932L) [FIXED!]
  • General - The web interface support page links to the Manderine language D-Link Taiwan site (http://www.dlinktw.com.tw/support/ [FIXED!]
  • General - Ability to disable all LED lights, including the rear of the DCS-942L [FIXED!]
  • Zoom - Change default zoom to center of image (rather than upper left corner) [FIXED!]
  • Email Notification - Ability to send 6 snapshots in one email (similar to the DCS-932L) [FIXED!]

sejtam

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #81 on: August 20, 2012, 02:24:46 AM »

1. A new firmware for the SE Asia market. FW 1.10 as available from the site is explicitly not for SEA purchased cameras. Why? Is this market not important enough?

2. The clock setting dialogue starts at year 2002 but ends in 2011. We have 2012 !! Why?

3. Ability to upload files to dropbox.

4. better wireless. My camera drops off the wireless quite often.

5. NTP status. I just rebooted my camera and its clock went back to 2011/1/1 and stayed there for many minutes. No indication about NTP synchronization issues.

6. Ability to access SD-card photos and clips remotely (via mydlink.com)

7. SMS alerts on motion capture

8. better motion detection. Not only by sensitivity but also minimum time that an event happens (to filter out minor, very shortlived changes)

9. Quick enable/disable alert on motion feature (w/o the need to clear/unset all the motion options). So that one cal quickly tuen it on when leaving home, and quickly disable when back. This should also be available remotely via mydlink lite.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #82 on: August 20, 2012, 04:52:31 AM »

1. A new firmware for the SE Asia market. FW 1.10 as available from the site is explicitly not for SEA purchased cameras. Why? Is this market not important enough?

Differences in regional settings mandate different firmware versions specifically slated for different reasons. This different versions have their own release cycles.

2. The clock setting dialogue starts at year 2002 but ends in 2011. We have 2012 !! Why?

Unclear as to what you are describing here. . . Is this in the latest firmware?

Added...

This may be a router configuration or network issue, as there haven't been persistent complaints about network stability.

5. NTP status. I just rebooted my camera and its clock went back to 2011/1/1 and stayed there for many minutes. No indication about NTP synchronization issues.

NTP was fixed in the latest firmware (see fixed items in this wishlist thread)

6. Ability to access SD-card photos and clips remotely (via mydlink.com)

Added...

Added...

8. better motion detection. Not only by sensitivity but also minimum time that an event happens (to filter out minor, very shortlived changes)

Motion detection was improved in the latest A3 version of the DCS-942L hardware.
(http://forums.dlink.com/index.php?topic=49407.0)

9. Quick enable/disable alert on motion feature (w/o the need to clear/unset all the motion options). So that one cal quickly tuen it on when leaving home, and quickly disable when back. This should also be available remotely via mydlink lite.

This item is already on the mydlink.com - Wishlist

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #83 on: August 20, 2012, 04:53:22 AM »

DCS-942L Wishlist

• General - Option to remotely access files stored on the SD card
  • General - Option to upload files to dropbox
  • Motion Detection - Option for motion detection event SMS alerts

Joe Public

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #84 on: August 21, 2012, 01:01:39 AM »

Also on Google Drive, on Google Picasa (only for snapshots), and on Microsoft SkyDrive.

It depends on so many parameters, such as walls, distance between cam and router/access point, and even by electrical/electronic interferences.

Solved on Firmware 1.12 (see http://forums.dlink.com/index.php?topic=50431.0 and http://forums.dlink.com/index.php?topic=50206.0).

There are two ways:
1) via hardware, in this case DCS-942L should have a built-in SIM card reader in order to send a SMS message.
2) via software, in this case DCS-942L should use a "URL parameter definition" as used by D-Link NAS DNS-325 (on DNS-325 manual : "You need to have an agreement with a SMS service gateway that the device can then be configured to send the alerts to. The service provider then sends the received alerts to the configured mobiles as text messages").
Italian User

1 x DNS-325 (NAS) - Fw 1.04b05
1 x DCS-942L (IP Cam) - Fw 1.23.3404
1 x DCS-2230 (Full-HD IP Cam) - Fw 1.20.00
1 x DCS-5222L (HD PTZ cam) - Fw 1.12.3404
2 x DHP-501AV (500 mbps Power-Line kit)
1 x DGS-1005D (5-Port Gigabit Switch)
1 x DGS-1008D (8-Port Gigabit Switch)

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #85 on: August 27, 2012, 06:20:55 AM »

DCS-942L Wishlist

• General - Option to remotely access files stored on the SD card
  • General - Option to upload files to dropbox
  • Motion Detection - Option for motion detection event SMS alerts

frontegi

• Level 1 Member
SMTP Mail issue
« Reply #86 on: October 30, 2012, 02:21:37 AM »

Hi,
I'm trying to set outgoing mail SMTP username in the snapshot Tab.
My provider SMTP username is very long, it is my whole email address gxxxxx.fxxxxxxxxxx@fastwebnet.it .
The textbox, is limited, I cannot insert the username and send email. This is a very annoying issue.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
Re: SMTP Mail issue
« Reply #87 on: October 30, 2012, 09:44:56 AM »

Hi,
I'm trying to set outgoing mail SMTP username in the snapshot Tab.
My provider SMTP username is very long, it is my whole email address gxxxxx.fxxxxxxxxxx@fastwebnet.it .
The textbox, is limited, I cannot insert the username and send email. This is a very annoying issue.

Are you sure the username is being truncated after you save? 

bettybop7200

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #88 on: November 10, 2012, 08:14:31 AM »

What about the fact that the darned camera doesn't record using MAC like it advertises. They admit it doesn't, its a glitch and they are not sure if they will be able to repair or not with no time frame and no refund.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #89 on: November 11, 2012, 06:42:21 AM »

What about the fact that the darned camera doesn't record using MAC like it advertises. They admit it doesn't, its a glitch and they are not sure if they will be able to repair or not with no time frame and no refund.

The DCS-942L records video directly to the on-board flash memory card, which is independent of the computing platform. The D-Link D-ViewCam software, however, is only available for the Windows platform.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 19