• March 29, 2024, 01:30:44 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Do you have examples of DCS-2132L night vision?  (Read 16242 times)

TKorho

• Level 2 Member
Do you have examples of DCS-2132L night vision?
« on: November 20, 2013, 03:22:00 PM »

Hello
Referring to my other thread of malfunctioning IR illumination: do you have or can you take some examples of how (near darkness) night vision should look like? I believe my system is broken, but I would like to see some confirmation before using rmi.
It is very difficult to find exact DCS-2132L model night pictures even with google and youtube. Only one or two not fully relevant samples. And many irrelevant advertisement pictures. The good examples are not from this camera model.

Otherwise the system and software looks and worked like expected. Some bugs and hang ins, but otherwise reasonable.
Thank you very much.

I can give some sample of my defective IR mode, but they probably are not generally interesting...

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
Re: Do you have examples of DCS-2132L night vision?
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2013, 10:42:47 AM »

This following referenced post contains guest links to D-Link hosted Cloud cameras. The DCS-2132L is among the cameras, although I'm not sure if the camera will be in night mode or if the mydlink instance will permit toggling into night mode: Network Cameras - Interactive LIVE Demos
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

TKorho

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2014, 05:22:53 AM »

Bumping the topic:

Could some kind user take screenshots of DCS-2132L in night (IR) mode in dark?
Anything goes, just to see how the IR and IR illumination should look like. Indoors own IR illumination would be appreciated! Mine "works" logically but is practically blind beyond 20cm.

I do have an RMI to local reseller, and I could get a new unit. But since it otherwise seems to work very well, I would not like to do this without more clues.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2014, 06:10:50 AM »

The DCS-2132L is among live camera demos on the following link: D-Link Network Cameras - Interactive LIVE Demos. On a related note: DCS Network Cameras - Improving Night Mode with an External IR Illuminator.

« Last Edit: January 09, 2014, 12:37:43 PM by JavaLawyer »
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

TKorho

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2014, 02:35:52 PM »

Thank you JavaLawyer of your response.
It is funny that you responded with the exact same response 1½ months ago. At that time the cameras were not accessible to me. Now I got into the DCS-2132L as well. It seems to work the same as mine. I made a lot of picture quality tests, a bit like with mine at home.

The problem is that A) there is no darkness, and B) there seems to be lots of IR illuminators around (other cameras and even other strong IR sources!) . But thanks for the link, it really did give me something new to ponder.

I also found out two new sources:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLQ0QvpS3sY
and this from this very forum
http://forums.dlink.com/index.php?topic=53657.msg207479#msg207479
(The latter I had seen, but didn't know it was 2132.)
This last one is unknown how dark it has been.

But anyway any of these are WAY better than my night vision. Even with (slight) external illumination, TrackIR5, the night mode visibility is really blind. In best of controlled situation my camera shows only 10-20cms, close objects on the same table.

So, I'll have to take and RMI it. I hope the above information might help anyone else asking the same questions. I'll take new pictures yet, and store them here for reference, before I return it.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2014, 02:37:58 PM by TKorho »

RYAT3

• Level 10 Member
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2014, 07:56:39 PM »

There was some other guy recently complaining about ir issues.

My 2132l is in night mode with out ir on.

I have it tuned to what I need.  When I had it off one time and pointed outside it looked like crap and all washed out.

The 2230 in low noise mode works well.

TKorho

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2014, 01:54:07 PM »

Update.

I bought another camera. DCS-932L, and while it has 4 illuminator LEDs, it is obvious that it can see in dark. My DCS-2132LA1 must be malfunctioning unit.
The difference is... well, could I put it 'like night and day'.

When I set the 932 temporarily, the DCS-2132L goes back.

TKorho

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2014, 04:48:56 AM »

Side by side comparison with DCS-932L indicated that the DCS-2132L must have been faulty.
RMEd my 2132L today, and I am now pondering if I should try another unit, or another brand.

Thanks for all the help, though no example pictures ever showed up.

RYAT3

• Level 10 Member
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2014, 09:45:18 AM »

Side by side comparison with DCS-932L indicated that the DCS-2132L must have been faulty.
RMEd my 2132L today, and I am now pondering if I should try another unit, or another brand.

Thanks for all the help, though no example pictures ever showed up.

Why don't you post your sample images of the problems?

TKorho

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2014, 10:01:38 AM »

Good point. I'll see if I still have the pictures. The unit is already RMEd.

The verbal description: DCS-932L was seeing clearly in the same location side by side. DCS-2132L was not seeing anything in darkness in night mode. If some objects were very close (<10") to the DCS-2132L they were dimly visible. Both cameras were IR illuminating correctly, this was seen with the 932 picture brightness.

The funny thing is that in the very dim way the mechanization was correct: without illumination: nothing, with 932 illumination: still nothing. With ICR nothing. With IR+ICR off it was seeing something very very dim. The ICR looked to change the definition as expected: with filter it was sharper, without blurrier.
I thought if the filter was reversed, but it didn't look like that, when seen with naked eye.