• March 28, 2024, 02:50:01 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DCS-2310 stops working after a few hours  (Read 11337 times)

kiwi_mcer

• Level 1 Member
DCS-2310 stops working after a few hours
« on: June 10, 2014, 09:52:53 PM »

I have 4 of these units running around my house, but one of them seems to be playing up lately.  I have noticed that the unit will stop working after running for a few hours.  Have tried everything, including a hard reset, re-flashing the firmware, etc, but to no avail!

Anyone have similar issues or have a solution?  Otherwise, it looks like I may have to claim a replacement unit under the warranty period.

fousa

• Level 2 Member
Re: DCS-2310 stops working after a few hours
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2014, 09:26:41 AM »

Try switching the microSD cards with the working cams

kiwi_mcer

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2014, 10:04:37 PM »

Sorry, I don't use any microSD's in my cameras.  Have been recording directly using the Dlink DNR-202L.

That particularly camera is still playing up despite me removing the unit and plugging it into a completely different PoE switch.  This rules out any issues with my PoE switch/supply or faulty cabling.

I have noticed that the camera seems to hang in the evenings, which may indicate that it's developed a fault when switching to IR/night mode or when the internal heater (yes there is one if you check the logs!) turns on in the evenings.

Looks like it's purely a DUD unit.  I may have to get it returned for warranty replacement.

Blazer0x

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2020, 06:28:43 PM »

"I have noticed that the camera seems to hang in the evenings, which may indicate that it's developed a fault when switching to IR/night mode or when the internal heater (yes there is one if you check the logs!) turns on in the evenings."

I have this exact same problem! Well mine doesn't hang, just the frame rate drops to like 1-5fps and sometimes totally hangs for up to 10 seconds. I noticed this only happens in low-light mode. Ironically I shouldn't need the internal heater since I am in Arizona :)

RYAT3

• Level 10 Member
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2020, 06:07:02 AM »

"I have noticed that the camera seems to hang in the evenings, which may indicate that it's developed a fault when switching to IR/night mode or when the internal heater (yes there is one if you check the logs!) turns on in the evenings."

I have this exact same problem! Well mine doesn't hang, just the frame rate drops to like 1-5fps and sometimes totally hangs for up to 10 seconds. I noticed this only happens in low-light mode. Ironically I shouldn't need the internal heater since I am in Arizona :)

Raise your shutter speed from 1/8th to 1/30th

Blazer0x

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2020, 04:57:26 PM »

Where do I do that? I searched all of the settings and find no reference to shutter speed?