• March 28, 2024, 02:05:16 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Weak wireless signal with new bought dir-655 a4 firmware 1.21!!  (Read 5822 times)

outFire

• Level 1 Member
Weak wireless signal with new bought dir-655 a4 firmware 1.21!!
« on: September 01, 2009, 08:05:14 PM »

Dear everyone,

I just went out and bought "this piece of crap" to replace my good performer Dir-625. At first, from reading all the review on the net, this is one of the best router out there. As a result, it is not the best in my opinion. The wireless signal on this router is even worse than my dir-625, the singal was reduce by halve compare to my old dir-625. I spent almost on the phone with the techs, and one of her advise was to upgraded to 1.32na firmware to see if it helps out the weak signal. The result was the same. Now, the retail store where I bought refuse to refund or exchange for another dir-655.

Does anyone know when will Dlink address issue like I am having right now with a new firmware. I swear if Dlink will now address this issue with a new release firmware. They will lose me for good.

Sincerely,

Outfire

Sammydad1

• Level 5 Member
Re: Weak wireless signal with new bought dir-655 a4 firmware 1.21!!
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2009, 09:08:19 PM »

Hi,

So from your post it appears you took the phone support person's advice and upgraded the FW to 1.32 ?

A weak wireless signal can be caused by any number of factors...including a defective router out of the box.  Personally I think the tech suggesting you upgrade the firmware out-of-the-box was very bad advice; but thats me.

If a unit the DIR-655 needed a FW upgrade right out-of-the-box, I feel pretty strongly it wouldn't have become as popular as it is....

You didn't provide very much background on your other wireless hardware, adapters and such, I can only speculate as to your weak signals.  One thing to keep in ind is that Windows can report one speed, and the router something entirely different....

Hopefully you will be able to provide us with more information so we can try to help you more...

SD1
DIR-655 A2, FW: 1.35NA

outFire

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2009, 04:37:50 AM »

Anyways, now I cant even refund or exchange for another dir-655 according to these bastard retail store where I bought it from. For your concerning, both windows and router reporting weak signal.
I absolutely agreed with you on this "including a defective router out of the box". I have 2 wireless draft n laptop. these two laptops was in the same position as it was when I have my dir-625 in the same position. The signal was 100% constant. No drop out of wireless connection. This does not make any sense to me, a 3 antenna router equipped with newer technology provides less signal strength.

Sincerely,

Outfire 
« Last Edit: September 02, 2009, 12:55:04 PM by outFire »

onebyside

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2009, 02:04:41 PM »

we still have no details

DRT-1000

• n00b
  • Level 2 Member
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2009, 01:09:17 AM »

im sure you have tried changing the channel of the wireless signal, Im assuming its in the same location as the replaced 625.

The store should most certinly give you a different product or a full refund. what state are you in? I know in CA if i dont like something i'll take it back within a reasonable time frame (http://www.dca.ca.gov/publications/legal_guides/s-6.shtml)

outFire

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2009, 08:50:40 AM »

Thanks for your provided information DDRT-1000. I live in Ontario,Canada. After arguing with the retail clerk for couple of hours. They finally exchange me another dir-655. This one gave me better signal, but only by 15-25%. Now it make me beleive that this router has a firmware a problem not only accounted for other people who has posted in this forum regarding other issue, but it also has a weak wireless performance.

Sincerely,

outFire