• April 28, 2024, 03:58:20 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: "Xtreme"ly slow when using multiple signals together  (Read 2449 times)

KillerHurdz

• Level 1 Member
"Xtreme"ly slow when using multiple signals together
« on: July 15, 2009, 02:14:34 PM »

Hey, is anyone else having the issue that when more then a single type of wireless signal is broadcast on each frequency (2.4 and 5) that you experience slower than slow speeds?  I have always wondered why I was only getting about 2-5MBits/s when we're paying for 15.  I checked the CNET review for the DIR-825 and they said that they experienced problems in terms of speed when using 802.11g, b and n at the same time (on the 2.4GHz frequency) and same deal with using "a" and "n" on the 5GHz band.

I tried running JUST 802.11g (2.4GHz) and 802.11a (5GHz) and I was FINALLY getting between 14-15MBits/s (up from around 3).

Honestly, this kinda blows as I'd like to be using N on my main PC but no other machine supports it and I'd rather the Xboxs on "a" then "g" as the difference is about 6MBit/s as "g" is still slow, faster than before, but slow still.