• May 03, 2024, 07:43:02 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: XBox 360 LIVE stuck on Moderate NAT **** RESOLVED !!  (Read 7877 times)

Sammydad1

• Level 5 Member
XBox 360 LIVE stuck on Moderate NAT **** RESOLVED !!
« on: December 13, 2008, 07:43:54 PM »

Hi,

Can't seem to get my XBOX 360 LIVE setting to move to OPEN from MODERATE....  I have done what MS suggests, but it doesn't change anything.

XBox is wired to a PC (via Internet Sharing setup) using wireless to my DIR-655.  It finds XBox Live ok....but is stuck on "moderate" so it can't quite use all the functions of the XBox Live service.

I have UPnP enabled...  Set DMZ to the PC (192.168.1.198) IP (ICS IP is 192.168.0.1)  Wireless signal is nice and strong...

Rebooted router several times... etc...  Port forwarding set to the PC also, as I can't set it to the ICS subnet...

ANY ideas welcome

SD1
« Last Edit: December 15, 2008, 04:51:11 PM by Sammydad1 »
DIR-655 A2, FW: 1.35NA

networkcrawler

Re: XBox 360 LIVE stuck on Moderate NAT
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2008, 12:23:54 AM »

Try disable the Wi-Fi protected setup and set the UDP and TCP to Endpoint Independent. BTW who is your ISP?

Link>Gaming and QoS for XBL
« Last Edit: October 27, 2012, 10:32:31 AM by FurryNutz »

Sammydad1

• Level 5 Member
Re: XBox 360 LIVE stuck on Moderate NAT
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2008, 04:50:40 PM »

Hi,

Well after futzing for several hours trying various combinations of settings and tweaks.....

I accomplished my goal, and got the XBOX Live to run OPEN.

I had done some reading at other sites and went back to what I had done with my son's old XBOX1 to get it online.

Instead of running Windows ICS from the HTPS and cabling it to the XBOX360, I undid the ICS setup and after rebooting, I set up a Network Bridge between the HTPC and the 360.  The downside of this configuration is that it tends to muck up the HTPC's ability to get on the internet, so I had to set up a secondary wireless connection to the HTPC for it's internet access.

I regret that its a bit of a kludge, but its the configuration I need to use for the time being.  I might migrate to a HomePlug setup down the road, but for now, this dog will hunt....

SD1
DIR-655 A2, FW: 1.35NA

jhornbaker

• Level 1 Member
Re: XBox 360 LIVE stuck on Moderate NAT **** RESOLVED !!
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2010, 03:28:48 PM »

I would like someone to give better instructions on what it is this guy means by "I set up a Network Bridge between the HTPC and the 360."  I am not that tech savvy with routers and I would like to get my NAT type OPEN on xbox live as well. Please give me more detailed instructions on how this was done, thank you.

Breman

• Level 1 Member
Re: XBox 360 LIVE stuck on Moderate NAT **** RESOLVED !!
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2010, 11:04:22 PM »

Under windows you can set your connections to Bridge between your network adapters. ICS uses NAT so you wind up with 2 NAT's running at the same time causing delays and issues with XBox Live. However bridging just joins the 2 networks into one network getting rid of one of the NAT's. But this does come at a price, your machine essentially becomes just a network device unless you have another adapter present that will have it on the network, simpler solution may be to spend the $99 on the wireless card for your XBox 360 and have it join the network wirelessly rather than attempting to use the wired connection.
See "http://wiki.pearpc.net/index.php?title=Network_Bridging_and_ICS_for_Windows_XP/Vista" for detailed instructions.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2010, 11:17:14 PM by Breman »
CompTIA A+, N+, S+ Certified