• March 28, 2024, 03:10:34 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: terrible my router is 100% stopped functioning because of wrong .bin or flashing  (Read 2564 times)

Lego

• Level 1 Member

what should i do to correct this.
what should to do if ever or incase something happen during flashing firmware.
like power turn off, or you quit the installation, or wrong .bin file.

what i did is upgrade the firmware dlink dir 615 3.03 ww c2 to ddwrt factory.bin but before that i have save the original .bin from 192.168.1.1 for incase restore original setting.
i did not follow the instruction that get latest firmware from dlink but what i did is restore or use emergency to reback the 3.03 ww c2 .bin from my dlink that i was save from original setting. and it didnt work out it failed the router totally stopped working and functioning. only the dlink name light is on. even the reset button dont work or dont blink.

what should we do for this kind of fault is there another way to return the setting back?
pls give us a tutorial.
no ethernet and wifi so no way of communicating with router. the router ethernet and wifi has stopped working. but the computer homw network is detecting the router whenver i plug it in computer through ethernet but the local area network when plug to router is disconnected. the router wifi is not blinking either.

Hard Harry

Sounds like you may have bricked your router. ::cringe:: Check out the dd-wrt thread.