• April 19, 2024, 02:19:40 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Remote access to NAS  (Read 6468 times)

bartell

• Level 1 Member
Remote access to NAS
« on: February 18, 2016, 05:52:48 AM »

Hi

Im fairly new to my D-Link DNS320l

I've set up home sharing and that is working fine. I want to be able to access my content (mainly streaming my content) while I'm away from home simple as possible. I will be using an iPad mainly to access. Someone recommended owncloud. I've installed the addon but when trying to launch it give an error (Im at work and dont have it with me) but I assume something is incorrect. I'm using the latest firmware of 1.06b03 and owncloud V2.04-07012015

Does anyone have advice on how to set up simply? If there is a simple method I have overlooked please feel free to tell me - there maybe other options that work like Plex but I'm not sure and I need help

Thanks in advance

philphil61

• Level 3 Member
Re: Remote access to NAS
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2016, 02:11:41 PM »

Hi

Im fairly new to my D-Link DNS320l

I've set up home sharing and that is working fine. I want to be able to access my content (mainly streaming my content) while I'm away from home simple as possible. I will be using an iPad mainly to access. Someone recommended owncloud. I've installed the addon but when trying to launch it give an error (Im at work and dont have it with me) but I assume something is incorrect. I'm using the latest firmware of 1.06b03 and owncloud V2.04-07012015

Does anyone have advice on how to set up simply? If there is a simple method I have overlooked please feel free to tell me - there maybe other options that work like Plex but I'm not sure and I need help

Thanks in advance
Took me months to finally fix the same issue you have

This is how I access externally

Go to https://www.dlinkddns.com/ and register and get a dynamic DNS address
Then log in to your 320L - go to Management - Network Management and select  Dynamic DNS
Add your details and enable

(with you shared folders) you can access via any browser and using ftp://(dynamicDNS Hostname.dlinkddns.com (or dynamic DNS enabled application like FileZilla)

I'm wanting to test Kodi via dynamicDNS (externally) to see if it works but my nephew keeps forgetting to turn on his laptop.

If you need more help just pm me (not always online here

With regards to owncloud - never tried it but also never got GoogleDrive working