• March 28, 2024, 04:22:37 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: XP home edition SP3  (Read 11687 times)

ottocf

• Level 1 Member
XP home edition SP3
« on: May 19, 2009, 05:33:45 PM »

Does this 642 work with XP home edition SP3? I'm thinking about buying the 624 and matching server DIR-615.
But I found a review that said he was told by techsupport that it did not work with XP SP3. Has anyone tried these new beta drivers and do they work?
I see Dlink advertizes a zero return policy and am afraid to buy under such a condition but I thought I broke my Dlink wirless WNA 1330 by dropping the laptop and it stated dropping out unless I removed and reinserted. Then I tried bending because I thought it was from dropping. I'm wondering if the WNA 1330 was realy good and it is intermittant with SP3 also?

Flag this messageD-Link Email Case ID: DLK400313275Monday, May 18, 2009 2:45 AM
From: "ustech@dlink.com" <ustech@dlink.com>Add sender to ContactsTo: ottocf Dear  Ottocf,

Your Case ID is DLK400313275.

[Critical: Please do not change the subject line of your email when you reply. Leaving the subject line as it is will allow us to review your complete history and help us to better serve you.]

Date of Reply: 5/17/2009
Products: DWA-642
Operating System: Windows XP Home

Carl,

Based on the email, it seems that you are looking for drivers for Windows XP Service pack 3.

Currently SP3 is still in BETA. We do not have an ETA or when the drivers will be released for Windows XP Service Pack 3 at this time.

In case of any further assistance do revert to us.

Thank you for networking with D-Link.

Should you require further assistance with your D-Link products, please reply to this message, or call toll free at 877-453-5465. 

Thank you for networking with D-Link.

Sincerely,
ANNA PARKER
D-Link Technical Support

============Begin of Original Message==========
Is there a problem with Windows XP home or pro for the D-Link WNA 1330. What about the DWA-642 I was thinking about buying one. Neither are listed as requiring a new driver. See http://www.amazon.com/D-Link-DWA-652-Wireless-Notebook-Adapter/product-reviews/B000LO8Z48/ref=dp_top_cm_cr_acr_txt?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1 &quot;WARNING: Does not work with Windows XP SP3!, December 14, 2008
"By  Django -

I called D-Link support about installation problems with this product. They ran me through basic re-installation for half an hour and then told me &quot;This card's drivers don't work with Windows XP Service Pack 3.&quot; They said I should roll back Windows to Service Pack 2. No, I'm not kidding. Thanks, D-Link, for wasting my time and money -If it doesn't work with the XP service pack that 95% of users are operating with, then they can't honestly say it works with XP. "

============End of Original Message============