• March 28, 2024, 04:24:08 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: ActiveX will not Install from mydlink  (Read 8296 times)

a.browser

• Level 1 Member
ActiveX will not Install from mydlink
« on: December 29, 2013, 02:07:20 PM »

I have used mydlink for months, but I have suddenly developed an ActiveX load problem.

I am using my Win 7 with IE11 laptop to access mydlink.  I get past the two Java control prompts, but I am stuck on the "ActiveX Needed" page.  I do not get an ActiveX pop-up prompt, all I see is a spinning circle with the "Loading mydlink function" label.

I have clicked on the "What to do if the installation stops of freezes" link and followed those instructions.  I have also followed Microsoft's instructions for ActiveX installation.  I have downloaded the ActiveX installer for a manual install.  It runs in a command line window that disappears so quickly that I can't read what happens.  A pop-up window will sometimes appear that says the install failed.

ActiveX has installed previously.  So I disabled the previously loaded ActiveX controls to see if that would help, but there was no change.  I tried removing the controls, but the Remove button has no effect.  It can be clicked, but nothing happens.

The only thing that I can think of between the last time I used mydlink on this laptop and now is that I upgraded from IE 10 to IE 11.

Anyone else having this problem, or more importantly, got a solution?

a.browser

• Level 1 Member
Re: ActiveX will not Install from mydlink
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2014, 02:39:14 PM »

I posted a version of this question on the Microsoft Community Web site.  There my focus was aimed at why I could not remove ActiveX controls.  A reply had three suggestions, the first two were about how I could remove them, a third suggestion was:

If the problem still persists, I would suggest you reset Internet Explorer 11. You can refer to the following article to do so:  http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/internet-explorer/reset-ie-settings#ie=ie-11-win-7

Since all else failed, I tried it and it worked!   Resetting IE allowed the ActiveX controls to load.  I'm not sure what setting I had that prevented them from loading, but at this point that is not a priority since I can see my camera again through the mydlink Web site.  I still cannot remove the controls through IE's Tools/Manaage Add-Ons, but again, that is not something I need now.